6.6.416 doesn't show DropBox in Chrome

Przemysław Klys
Przemysław Klys
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've weird 1password config. I am using old version of 1password where i keep my 900 logins on Dropbox. Since I've moved to Windows from MAC i had to buy new version which is only working via the "web" storage. After upgrade it seems that while 1password desktop shows both storages, in chrome when I go to website I can only use the "web" storage which doesn't have most of passwords.

1Password Version: 6.6.4.16d
Extension Version: 4.6.6.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Creators Update
Sync Type: Dropbox/Web

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Przemysław Klys,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password!

Your local vault in Dropbox is different from the 1Password account, which you created recently (new version). If you want to see your data in 1Password 6 for Windows and via web-interface at 1Password.com, you should move your data from a local vault to your 1Password account. Here is how you can do that:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Please note that 1Password 6 for Windows is focused on our 1Password accounts and should not be used with local vaults, as it supports them in read-only mode.

I hope it helps. If it is overwhelming and you have additional questions, feel free to raise them in your reply. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Przemysław Klys
    Przemysław Klys
    Community Member

I am ware of this, however this was working fine just a beta ago. I can still see the dropbox vault in desktop beta, just chrome plugin doesn't show that dropbox data. And it did.

• Hi @Przemysław Klys,

Is it possible your 1Password mini vault selector is set to the 1Password.com account and not All Vaults?

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Try this, click on 1Password in your web browser and in 1Password mini, click on the vault selector icon on top left. Does it show your local vault on the list of vaults? If yes, select it, do you see any data in it?

Try selecting All Vaults in the vault selector and then see if 1Password mini would fill your local data.

• Przemysław Klys
    Przemysław Klys
    Community Member

That was it. Not sure why it switched thou. But i went ahead and moved everything on iOS from Dropbox to WEB version. However now on desktop i see 1838 records and 959 on iOS (as it should be). It seems 1password desktop version doesn't sync away moved items.

• Hi @Przemysław Klys,

I suspect that's because your local vault is still in 1Password 6, so it doubles up. Go to the main 1Password program, click on Settings on top right, select Accounts & Vaults and find your local vault below Folder, expand it to select Remove.

Once it is removed, it should match your iOS numbers.

• Przemysław Klys
    Przemysław Klys
    Community Member

I understand. But if it still reads the information even thou iOS removed it from dropbox shouldn't it sync properly and show 0 items on dropbox? It's taking that information from somewhere? I would assume it's gone but it's not?

• Hi @Przemysław Klys,

No, removing the vault in 1Password does not remove it in Dropbox, it is still left behind in your Dropbox folder.

Once you remove it from 1Password, you have to archive or delete the local vault file in your Dropbox folder manually.

• Przemysław Klys
    Przemysław Klys
    Community Member

i didn't remove vault in iOS, i've moved out all items, hence the vault has now 0 items. On iOS i still have 2 vaults, same as on WIndows. But on iOS one is empty and on Windows it stays full.

• MikeT
    edited May 2017

Hi @Przemysław Klys,

Do you see it in the Trash on the iOS device or did you empty it? Moving items would not remove it from the original vault, it is still left behind in the trash instead.

If you empty the trash, then that'd explain the issue. 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't support syncing tombstoned items from local vaults. You'd still have to remove it manually in the 1Password 6 app, which doesn't have full support for local vaults. In fact, we've removed sync support a while ago for Dropbox/OneDrive and we'll switch to importing only support soon.

• Przemysław Klys
    Przemysław Klys
    Community Member

I've just used standard feature of moving. I've selected all items and chose "move" option and chose another store. That's all i did. I can see store being empty on iOS.

• Hi @Przemysław Klys,

It is to be expected for the Windows version of 1Password 6, which doesn't have full support for local vaults (Dropbox).

When you move items to another vault, 1Password is actually copying them to another vault but deleting/emptying them in the original vault, these empty shells are what we call tombstones. The problem is that 1Password 6 for Windows skips these tombstones when syncing, which means it never updated the local items stored in the database, so they're not removed and remains the same.

The only way to fix this right now is to remove it and add it again, so the tombstones aren't added in the first place. However, we don't support Dropbox sync anymore, so you can just remove the local vault.

This discussion has been closed.