Persist vault selection across relaunch?

zendnez
zendnez
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, folks. This is a feature request.

I'm running the latest beta.

When I launch 1Password, it always opens with "All Vaults" selected. I typically switch to my personal vault (filtering out the vaults I share with my wife and kids). I would like this vault preference to be persisted.

I would also like to see the ability to enable and disable vaults as the Mac version supports but in the near term, save and restore would go a long way.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hi, folks. This is a feature request. I'm running the latest beta. When I launch 1Password, it always opens with "All Vaults" selected. I typically switch to my personal vault (filtering out the vaults I share with my wife and kids). I would like this vault preference to be persisted.

@zendnez: I can't promise we'll add that, but it's certainly something we can consider. The reason I'm hesitant to say more than that is, though I'd like that feature myself, none of the other apps work like this, so we'd want to make a change like that across all platforms to keep things consistent if we go that route. But that's a really good example with the shared vaults.

I would also like to see the ability to enable and disable vaults as the Mac version supports but in the near term, save and restore would go a long way. Thanks.

That we can commit to. I can't say exactly when, but this is definitely functionality that we want in the new Windows app. And you're right that it would help with regard to your other request to be able to hide vaults from All Vaults. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, @brenty.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

Likewise, thanks for participating in the beta. Keep the feedback coming! :chuffed:

• MikeT
    edited May 2017

Hi guys,

@zendnez, we will support this in the future update because it is already a part of the Always Open to setting that's available in most 1Password apps, there's a Last Used Vault setting there.

/cc @brenty

ref: OPW-1120

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

Ha! I've hidden all vaults but one on my Mac for so long I'd forgotten that was there in Preferences > General. Cheers! :lol: :+1:

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member

Hmmm....Android doesn't appear to have "Always open to...". It does have "Vaults included in All Vaults". I kind of like that better.

In any case, I'd be happy with any of these approaches.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Both will come with time, but hopefully we can get you at least one sooner rather than later. :)

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

+1 to this and as someone who spends most of their 1Password time in the favourites category, can I ask if you would consider opening the last selected category on startup, as well as remembering the preferred vault. Thanks :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yknow, I only use Favorites sparingly, but that's a great point. Thanks for mentioning that! :)

• Hi @pbryanw,

Please give 1Password 6.6 beta 6 a try now, it should retain your last vault used now.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Hi @MikeT,

I've just upgraded, and really like the fresh lick of paint and UI improvements you've made to the app :chuffed: Also, thank you for remembering the last used vault on startup :+1: (Now the only thing remaining on my personal checklist is seeing rich icons re-enabled again, then maybe I'll move back to the stable branch.)

I hope you'd also consider remembering the last chosen category/tag on startup as well, but I can see that there are pros and cons to starting afresh each session vs having the last category active. Anyway, thank you for this improvement. 1Password for Windows has certainly come on a lot since the beginning of this year :+1:

• Hi @pbryanw,

On behalf of the team here, you're welcome.

Now the only thing remaining on my personal checklist is seeing rich icons re-enabled again, then maybe I'll move back to the stable branch.)

Yep, it's coming. In fact, the changes we've made in this beta update will enable us to add this quicker than usual.

I hope you'd also consider remembering the last chosen category/tag on startup as well, but I can see that there are pros and cons to starting afresh each session vs having the last category active.

Category/tag retention is planned as well, we just need to make sure it works first on accounts/vaults. If yes, we'll go further in future updates. There will be additional settings added to let you choose how you'd like 1Password to open.

Anyway, thank you for this improvement. 1Password for Windows has certainly come on a lot since the beginning of this year :+1:

You're welcome! 1Password 6 certainly has changed a lot from its first stable release back in October of last year and boy, do we have plans for a lot more in the next few months. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.