Factory reset of iPhone. 1Password, Dropbox and Duo.

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited March 2017 in iOS

I have a problem getting back into 1Password as I've enabled Dropbox's 2FA and I am using Duo as a TOTP. It appears that even though I have 2FA, if I reset the phone, Dropbox on the iPhone won't allow me to enter the Recovery Key!

Alternatively, I will have to disable/reenable Dropbox 2FA from my PC.

I also will have to reenter my Duo's TOTP code back into the App. It was a try out as I know I can always restore from backup.

1Password Version: 1Password iOS v6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'm having some difficulty understanding where 1Password fits in here? This sounds like an issue with Dropbox, not 1Password?

Please let me know.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

@Ben: Where 1Password fits in is that I am unable to access my 1Password data from the iPhone after a wipe to install iOS 10.3.

I can't get into Dropbox for 2FA verification and I cannot access 1Password.com from its integration with Duo 2FA and for some reason, I cannot get Duo.com to send an SMS link to my phone either.

My Duo Admin is solved but not the Users part. Duo is also reporting my phone as iOS 10.2.1 under check your devices when I have already upgraded to 10.3.

In my experience Dropbox makes it difficult to reset Password with 2FA enabled by verifying the 2FA with a Password 2FA that I can't enter! It's crazy.

• Ben
    Options

@wkleem My apologies but I'm still a little unclear about what it is you'd like for us to do.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies. Is there any way to remove Duo integration with 1Password.com if/as I can't log into the site? I will keep retrying.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

We do not have a way to disable Duo authentication on the 1Password.com site once you've enabled it.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben,

I think I will have to reset my Duo Mobile Settings. I also used up some Backup Credits for text messages which I had no idea was chargeable.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm really not sure either. It may be best to contact Duo for help with that. Better to not take any chances.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I have gotten Dropbox working again in iOS by using Connect a Computer inside Dropbox for iOS.

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. :+1: :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Just to conclude, the problem with Duo has so far been resolved with 1Password.com latest version. Much thanks.

I have not reenabled the feature though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Better safe than sorry. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.