Change font or screen size

Can i change the font or screen size in 1password? I have a big monitor and would like to make it easier to read on my screen.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can i change the font size in 1password? I would like to make it easier to read on my screen.

Comments

• rjsurratt
    rjsurratt
    Community Member

I just bought the software yesterday on line so I have the latest version for windows on my desktop.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rjsurratt: 1Password doesn't have custom font settings, but it's something we can consider for a future version. You may be able to have Windows scale text and windows using your display settings though. I hope this helps! :)

• Hi @rjsurratt,

Are you using a Hi-DPI screen? If yes, try this workaround in our support guide and it should improve the font scaling a bit. It will make it blurry but it'll be more readable due to the size.

We're already working on 1Password 6 Beta that already supports Hi-DPI out of the box and it will have better typography.

• cyberquilter
    cyberquilter
    Community Member

Workaround link is missing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cyberquilter: Sorry about that! A lot has changed since Mike posted that nearly a year ago. Here ya go:

Configure high DPI settings for 1Password 4 for Windows

But also, the new app Mike mentioned has been available for a while now, and you can get it (along with many other benefits) as part of a 1Password.com membership. Cheers! :)

• cyberquilter
    cyberquilter
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Well, thanks. I was just looking for a solution. However, I'm using 1Password 6. The files have slightly different names. I was able to find the files and change the high DPI settings. There seems to be no "restart 1Password Helper. I will try rebooting my computer and see it that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

@cyberquilter: This will not work with 1Password 6, and it has support for high DPI displays already. What are you trying to do exactly? If you just want to adjust the font size, you can use Ctrl +, Ctrl -, and Ctrl 0.

• cyberquilter
    cyberquilter
    Community Member

I am just trying to see all the labels and web site info in the windows app. The Ctrl options don't work in my app, for some reason.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cyberquilter: Which version are you using? Yo may be using an old release from before we added this capability.

• cyberquilter
    cyberquilter
    Community Member

1Password 6.5.401d

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cyberquilter: Thanks for letting me know. That's really strange that you're not able to use Control with + or - to change the scaling, as that's the current stable release. Do you perhaps have other software which is capturing the input from the keyboard? If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Also, grab the Event Viewer logs:
    1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• cyberquilter
    cyberquilter
    Community Member

Done. Let me know if you find anything. Thank you.
    "For your reference, your support ID is [#SDR-97782-992]."

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cyberquilter: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: SDR-97782-992

• Wrathwielder
    Wrathwielder
    Community Member

Looks like you took the issue private, but I am experiencing the same issue...
    With ver 6.8.473 the ctrl -/+ keys do nothing. Was kinda excited when your support told me the font size control was indeed a "hidden" feature now in ver 6, but it appears it's TOO well hidden and doesn't actual work for me... :)
    What did you end up doing to resolve the issue for the OP?
    Thanks!
    -Greg

• bundtkate
    edited November 2017

@Wrathwielder: Since OP here was using a much older build, it's unlikely you're experiencing the same problem. That said, I just gave this a go on my PC running 6.8.473 and it works fine for me, so it looks like something may be going awry for you. A few preliminary notes:

1. Numpad +/- doesn't work for me, so make sure you use +/- on the "main" keyboard.
    2. This only works when the main 1Password window is open and focused -- it will not work for mini.

If the above two pitfalls aren't the cause of your issue and you're still having trouble, let us know. :+1:

• Wrathwielder
    Wrathwielder
    Community Member

Thanks, bundtkate! It works! :)
    After I loaded the very latest version, and with your info, used the KEYBOARD and not numpad, I got it to work!
    I doubt the latest update did anything as this feature has been in a while, but all I can think is that when I tried the main keyboard before I must have held CTRL and SHIFT in order to do the '+'...but just CTRL and the + key works alone...so I guess this command should technically be CTRL - and CTRL = :)
    My 52 year old eyes thank you for the bigger fonts!

-Greg

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome @Wrathwielder! :+1: Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Rharney
    Rharney
    Community Member

Hi Greg, I have the same issue of needing to increase the font size of 1Password 4. Font seems to be small for use on a larger monitor. The shortcut Cntrl + plus doesn't work for me either. Should it? I don't wish to change the display settings. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Rharney: The old 1Password 4 Windows app doesn't have any way to scale text independently. It's based solely off of your system resolution. The feature Kate mentioned above is in the new app, currently at version 7:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

You can get that along with everything else as part of a 1Password.com membership, or pay for it separately if you prefer to go a la carte and sync your own data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.