To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Keeps switching back to all vaults

Steven Strell
Steven Strell
Community Member

I had a Dropbox vault and I'm now trying out the accounts feature. As such, whenever I open the app on my phone or desktop, it keeps reverting back to showing items from both vaults so everything is duplicated. I have to go to the menu and switch to the "Personal" vault. How can I make the app (mobile and desktop) always only show items for one vault or the other?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Steven Strell,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! It sounds like you successfully migrated all your items to your new Personal account vault. Is there any reason you haven't deleted your local Primary vault? That's the one which syncs with Dropbox and isn't part of your account. Unless you're keeping that vault around on purpose, you should delete it to avoid confusion. To do that on a Mac, switch to the Primary vault in the main 1Password app window and go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menu bar. To do that on an iOS device, open 1Password and go to Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault. (If I guessed wrong and you're using Windows and/or Android instead of Mac and/or iOS, just let us know! :) )

On the other hand, if you'd like to keep the Primary vault around for now, there are a couple options:

• You can de-select the Primary vault in the All Vaults settings so it doesn't appear in the 'All Vaults' view. (On a Mac, you can do that in 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults. On an iOS device, you can do that in 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults.)

Or:

• You can set 1Password to always open to your Personal account vault instead of the 'All Vaults' view. (On a Mac, you can find the "Always open to" setting in 1Password > Preferences > General. On an iOS device, you can find the "Always open to" setting in 1Password > Settings > Vaults.)

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that. Have a great weekend! :)

• Steven Strell
    Steven Strell
    Community Member

Yes, this helped. Thank you. A couple of things: 1) I'm keeping the Dropbox vault for now because I am still using the account on a trial basis, so I don't want to get rid of Dropbox if I go back. 2) Naming the Accounts vault "Personal" was really confusing at first since I wasn't sure which vault was the main vault I was using (Dropbox, listed as "Primary") vs. the new one. Any reason why the Accounts vault can't be named simply "1Password Account"?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome, @Steven Strell - I'm glad that helped. And thank you for your feedback! I completely understand about keeping the local vault around in case you want to switch back to that and sync via Dropbox. Just keep in mind that any changes you make in your account vault won't sync back to your local/Primary vault, so if you switch back you'll need to remember to copy those changes there. Also, even if you delete your Primary vault now, that doesn't mean you won't be able to switch back if you decide to later. You can create a new Primary vault and copy your items to it from your account vault, or from your sync file in Dropbox (assuming you don't delete that sync file).

Any reason why the Accounts vault can't be named simply "1Password Account"?

Sorry for any confusion about your vaults! It wouldn't make sense to call your Personal vault "1Password Account" because you can have more than one vault in your account. If you signed up for an individual account on 1Password.com, the Personal vault is created by default, but you can create more vaults in your account if you want to (you can do that from 1Password.com, although we're working on adding account vault creation to the Mac app as well).

We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.