How do I create a separate Master Password for each separate vault in my Families account?

jaulick
jaulick
Community Member

I now have only one vault, which my wife and I share. I'd like to set up a separate vault for my daughter, and give her her own password for that vault. Can I do this ? If so, how ? If not, what's the work-around? If she has her own vault and password, does she need my Master Password to access hers?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.5
OS Version: OS 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password

Comments

• Hi @jaulick - Thank you for reaching out to us. Great question! With a 1Password Families account, you can't create passwords for specific vaults. There is only one password you have to remember and it's your Master Password. Each family member by default receives a Personal/Private vault and a Shared vault. Anything you want to share with your wife can be added to the Shared vault. When you invite her to join the account, we will provide her with a Secret Key and she will have a chance to create her own Master Password. After she creates the account, she can then set up the apps using the setup code listed on her Emergency Kit. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. We're here if you need us :smile:

This discussion has been closed.