Change default vault label to "Private" vs "Personal"

Options
GoldenMustache
GoldenMustache
Community Member

I just switched from an individual account over to a family account.

As I am adding family members their default, undeleteable vault is labeled "private" where mine is labeled "personal" because I came from an individual account.

There is no way to change this anywhere.

I'd like for everything to be uniform. Any ideas without having to create a new family member with my same email and deleting the original organizer account?

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @GoldenMustache - Sorry for the confusion. We recently renamed the Personal vault to Private for new accounts. As of right now, there is no way to rename the Personal/Private vault. I'll have to ask my team if the renaming of the Personal vault will be rolled out to older accounts. My own Families account still uses Personal for the vault name. Sorry for the inconsistency with the vault names and for not having a better answer for you at the moment. Let me know if you have any additional questions, and I'll be happy to help out. :smile:

• GoldenMustache
    GoldenMustache
    Community Member
    Options

If I change the email address on that account and then invite myself again with my current email address and then remove that old account from my family, that should work right? @Frank

• Frank
    Options

Hi @GoldenMustache - Yes, that will work. I just tested this on my end using my personal Families account. The new account I created had a Private vault. Just make sure you move your data over to the new account before deleting anything using the guide below -

https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/

Keep in mind this can only be done via the web app. You can't add two accounts from the same sign in address to the apps. I hope this helped. We're here if you run into any questions along the way.

This discussion has been closed.