Exporting from 1password6

Hello folks, am I right in thinking the export from 1password6 is somewhat broken? 1password4 can output a pif or a csv. The csv looks perfectly sensible, with title,notes,username,password,url as the first line. It exported close to 400 logins in a couple of seconds. 1password6 appears to export gibberish, and what's more it crashes if I try and export more than about a dozen things. I am trying to find a way of getting my data out of 1password6 and it's not proving easy. I've changed a few things since I made the change from 1password4 to 1password6 so it's looking like I will have to redo those by hand in order to move back. I then have the problem that 1password4 is an end of life product, which is a pity because it's just great. Never once have I had a problem with it. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @wombat,

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with the export in 1Password 6! :frown: It is not supposed to crash, so let's try to find out what is happening.

We are aware that there is a room for improvement with export options in 1Password 6 for Windows, but you should be able to export your data to a .CSV file and then import it to 1Password 4. Moreover, you can try to convert that .CSV file to .1PIF using the converter utilities and then import that new .1PIF file to 1Password 4. But first, we need to find out why 1Password 6 crashes in the middle of export process.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC, where you have this issue. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. Thank you very much in advance! We will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.