Update of 1Password for PC and Chrome Extensions

Hi, I have not updated my 1Password in my PC for a long time now because the last I did it, I was told it was not compatible with the Chrome Extension that I am using.

My current versions are as follows:
1Password version - 4.6.0.604 (15)
Extension version - 4.6.5.90 (Google Chrome)
OS version - 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

I am quite backward. Can I have some advice as to what I need to do when I update it in my PC to the latest 4.6.1.620 (build #620) version?

Many thanks,
pearlie

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604 (15)
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90 (Google Chrome)
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello there @purplelily,

Thank you for taking time to contact us! :+1:

It seems that you have the latest version of 1Password extension, but an old version of 1Password 4 app. Could you please try to open and unlock 1Password 4 on your PC and then choose Help > Check for New Version? The app should find the new version and prompt you to update it. Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• purplelily
    purplelily
    Community Member

Thanks. I have updated my PC version to the latest but I'm now trying to get it to sync across my devices with iCloud though it does not seem to work. Wonder if there is a lag time in syncing it using iCloud.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@purplelily: I wonder if there is a confusion happening. Sync via iCloud is not supported in 1Password 4 for Windows. If you are interested in using a local vault in multiple devices setup (including Windows), you should be using Dropbox instead. Here is our article on it:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

Please let me know if it helps. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• purplelily
    purplelily
    Community Member

Thanks SO much Greg. I did not realise I can't sync through iCloud with Windows. I got it settled with Dropbox. Thanks again!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@purplelily: You are very welcome! :)

If you don't want to worry about sync or backups, I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password accounts, they are much more convenient. Moreover, you will be able to use the new 1Password 6 for Windows, which is focused on them. You can learn more on our website:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.