Corrupted vault? Please help

Options

I opened my 1Password vault today and it appears that all my logins have become corrupt. Instead of showing the name of the website, I am seeing what looks like encrypted codes on my screen. Please see attached image and help! This would be a huge loss if I can't recover my logins.

1Password Version: 6.1.286
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: unsure

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @dpaulino,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! I am sorry for the troubles here.

It seems that your data wasn't decrypted for some reason and I can see that possible reason in your post. It looks like you are using an old version of 1Password 6 (6.1.286). The current version of 1Password 6 for Windows is 6.5.401. We've changed the installer and released 6.3.359 update for everyone to install first before it could update to the new installer in 1Password 6.4. It looks like your 1Password app didn't get that 359 update. Please try to do the following:

1. Uninstall the current version of 1Password you have via Control Panel.

2. Install the latest 1Password 6.5 update from here: https://1pw.ca/download/windows

Let me know if it helps. I will be looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• dpaulino
    dpaulino
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Greg. I don't know where the backup files are saved for my 1Password. I am concerned that if I uninstall as you suggested, I won't be able to recover the vault. Can you please let me know how I can ensure everything will be recovered?

Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dpaulino: Sorry for the confusion! I see that you are using 1Password account, so your files are safely stored on our servers. You should be able to re-install the app and then sign in to your account, your data will be there. Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• dpaulino
    dpaulino
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I got everything working now. Really appreciate it :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

dpaulino: Great! :) I am glad to hear I was able to help. Do not hesitate to contact us again in the future, we are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.