Are my days numbered for *not* using the 1Password.com service?

Is there a blog entry or somewhere else you can point me to that clarifies the future of 1Password? How long before we are 'forced' to use the online service and can no longer use local vaults and Dropbox sync? It appears that is already the case with 1P 6 for windows, and I'm curious how long before Mac and iOS are similarly affected?

Comments

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @Paco II - Thank you for contacting us. Sorry for any confusion and I'll do my best to clarify. We haven't announced any changes so there is no blog post to point you too :wink: As of right now the only change made, we are no longer selling 1Password 4 for Windows.

We don’t currently have plans to add Dropbox sync or folder sync to 1Password 6 for Windows, and things could change down the road but that’s not our primary focus right now. Your standalone license will continue to work tomorrow just as it does today. Your standalone license does not expire and you can continue to rock your current setup just the way you do right now.

Both 1Password for Mac and 1Password on iOS both support local syncing using iCloud and Dropbox. In fact, we just released an update yesterday, migrating over to using Dropbox's new API. I appreciate you reaching out to us and I hope this helped a bit. Have a great day! :smile:

• Paco IIPaco II

Thanks Frank. Reading between the lines a bit, things will work as they do for now, but like Windows, there is no reason to assume that the next major update of the Mac and iOS applications will continue to support local vaults and Dropbox sync. Is that a reasonable understanding of your post?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

We don't have any plans at this point to drop support of local vaults on Mac and iOS, and 1Password 4 for Windows can still be used by existing licensed users to access local vaults on Windows. Anything beyond that would be speculation at this point. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.