To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Updating personal vault with contents of primary vault and syncing through 1password

tridztan
tridztan
Community Member

Hi Team,

My primary vault is currently my default vault and the most up to date on all devices. I also have a personal vault that appears on all devices but isn't up to date. How do I either merge the two vaults together or delete my personal vault and copy the contents of my primary vault which is up to date over to my personal vault and sync using 1password.com going forward. I currently sync via dropbox.

Many thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Kind regards,
David

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: 4.6.5
OS Version: macOS
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @tridztan - Thank you for reaching out to us and I really appreciate the additional details you provided, very helpful :blush: You can move your existing data from your Primary vault over to your new shiny Personal vault. So let's get started -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac. Click 1Password in the menu bar, choose "Switch to Vault" and select your Primary vault from the list. Select all of the items by pressing Command-A after clicking one of the items in the list. Click "Item" in the menu bar, choose Share > Personal > Move.

All your data should now reside within your Personal vault. If you sign into your 1Password.com account, you'll notice your data is already there waiting for you :smile: I hope this helped. Keep us posted if you have any additional questions, we're here if you need us.

• tridztan
    tridztan
    Community Member

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the quick response. This worked great on my mac and idevices. However my windows PC has lot everything in the default vault. How do I restore this?

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Kind regards,
    David

• @tridztan Thanks for the update! Your items should show up again once you sign in to your account in 1Password 6 for Windows:

Install 1Password 6 for Windows

Let us know how that goes! :)

• tridztan
    tridztan
    Community Member

Thanks Jacob. Worked perfect.

Much appreciated.

Regards,
    David

• Thanks for the follow-up message @tridztan, I’m glad to hear Jacob and Frank were able to get you sorted. :) You know where to find us if you have any follow-up questions though!

This discussion has been closed.