To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Password problems

tdamloh
tdamloh
Community Member

Can unlock with touch but forgot my master password again. It never shows me the hint. Any way to get help with this or suggestions to keep my passwords and transfer to a new account (I paid for the individual) so frustrated!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @tdamloh. I’m so sorry to hear about the forgotten Master Password. Touch ID (or Fingerprint unlock on Android) is not a complete replacement for your Master Password, your secure data is encrypted by the Master Password, and always will be, Touch ID is meant as a convenient way to access your data for the majority of the time but the Master Password will be required in certain instances such as attempting to unlock your data on another device or depending on your settings in 1Password for iOS, to unlock your vault on your iPhone or iPad. In some cases a reboot of your iOS device, a new update to 1Password or iOS itself will trigger the requirement to enter the Master Password you selected when initially setting up 1Password, you can even setup 1Password to prompt you for your Master Password on a regular basis (every day, week or month).

My recommendation would be launch a plain text editing application on your device (TextEdit on a Mac, Notes app on iOS, Notepad on Windows PC), type your Master Password (or any variations you can think of), confirm it is correct with all capitalization, spaces, punctuation and all characters appearing as they should be, then carefully copy the Master Password and paste it into the password field on the 1Password lock screen. Press enter and your vault should unlock. Be sure not to save a copy of the text document containing your Master Password as you do not want a copy of it stored anywhere on your device.

I looked you up in our records and see you had an account earlier this year that’s since been deleted in February, have you created a new account with a different email address since then? Don’t let me know the other email address if you have, to protect your privacy, but just let me know if you had another account so we can continue this conversation. We made to to switch to email to get into some specifics. :)

• tdamloh
    tdamloh
    Community Member

I did have another email previously and also forgot that master pw. I still use both emails if we can switch to that to discuss this further

• SeanFoster
    edited May 2017

Sure, I’ll send you an email now. :)

ref: PJI-74754-684

This discussion has been closed.