1password requires password on already saved accounts and cant hit cancel

1password4 requires password on already remembered accounts, and cant hit cancel at the password request.
Even later in the same session on the computer.
You dont have to save the login, but it asks for the password to get to the point to not save the login.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@solock: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "requires password on already remembered accounts". Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• solock
    solock
    Community Member

If I go to a previously visited site that 1password already has a login for, I get the following popup but on a black background, full screen so it cant be bypassed, nor is cancel selectable. I must use my 1password master password to get past the initial interruption. The login it offers to save is the same name as the already saved one, so it clearly knows that there is one for that website. Doesnt happen for every saved sight but often enough to be a pain.

Since it goes full black background (that the screen capture doesnt show) and no cancel option its a bigger pain than normal.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@solock: Ah, thanks for confirming. There are a few things going on here.

First, the screen you're seeing is Secure Desktop. This is a Windows feature that 1Password can take advantage of, and you'd enabled it at some point in 1Password Preferences > Browsers. This will come up any time you interact with 1Password in the browser if this option is enabled.

And second, the reason you're seeing these prompts so often is that 1Password is locked and needs to be unlocked in order for it to decrypt your data to either save a new login or access those you already have in your vault. There just isn't any way for it to do anything but prompt you to unlock it if it's locked. From your comments, it sounds like it's locking more aggressively when you want it to, so you can change the behaviour in 1Password Preferences > Security.

As a final note, if you don't have the 1Password app running in the background (you can minimize it to the notification area), it can't synchronize locking with he browser extension. So each time you open the browser without 1Password running, you'll need to unlock 1Password before you can interact with it. I suspect that's where you're running into trouble.

This discussion has been closed.