1Password 6.4.377 & Dropbox Sync?

I have been using the 1Password 6 on Windows 10 for a while now, I recently had to uninstall it and reinstall it as there was issues syncing with Dropbox and the .opvault. When reinstalling 1PW6, I am prompted to enter my 1Password master key, but then it opens the 1password account login. I am unable to get past this screen to view my vault, but every time 1PW6 opens it asks for my password.

Any thoughts on how to get my vault to load?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MattAttack:

I am sorry for the troubles with the latest version of 1Password 6 for Windows!

Since local vaults have never been fully supported in 1Password 6, we decided to remove them for the time being to avoid any further confusion. I would recommend you to download and use 1Password 4, if you prefer local vaults. 1Password 6 is focused on 1Password accounts at the moment and is not adapted for use with local vaults.

I hope it helps. By the way, is there a particular reason why you prefer using local vaults? 1Password accounts have a lot of advantages, so please take a closer look at them. :chuffed:

Cheers,
    Greg

• MattAttack
    MattAttack
    Community Member

Greg,

That is unfortunate to hear that I have to use a legacy version on a single platform to continue using 1Password. Is this something that is a priority to get local syncing?

I actually hate having to use Dropbox, it is the only reason why I have a Dropbox account. I signed up when 1Password accounts came to life, but your payment processor didn't accept Discover Card, so I had no choice to cancel and continue using the local sync. If this has changed that would be great news, and I can switch over. Otherwise, I have to get by. It really seems that both Android and Windows do not get the same level of detail, and development as the macOS version does. This is really annoying and sad, since I am on the platforms that are always behind in features.

I would also recommend updating your website, since I do not see any noticeable banners, or information that states you must use 1PW4 for local syncing on Windows 10. A disclaimer would have been nice, and avoided this forum question.

• MikeT
    edited March 2017

Hi @MattAttack,

Is this something that is a priority to get local syncing?

No, our main priority is to add more features to 1Password 6 to get it to replace 1Password 4 and we're only focusing on 1Password.com support. Local vaults and sync are far more complex that'll take up more resources we do not yet have. It will have to wait until we can get 1Password 6 in a more completed state. This may take a while.

I signed up when 1Password accounts came to life, but your payment processor didn't accept Discover Card, so I had no choice to cancel and continue using the local sync.

We do apologize about that, that's a limitation placed on us because we're a Canadian company and Stripe cannot process Discover cards to Canadian businesses. I'll pass this on to see if we can expand to cover more card types with a different processor or have an alternative method for you.

It really seems that both Android and Windows do not get the same level of detail, and development as the macOS version does.

That's what we're fixing with 1Password.com service already since it mandates cross-platform support, a lot of positive feedback so far that 1Password 6 for Android/Windows are more consistent with the flagship macOS platform in each update we release.

You may not notice it because you don't have 1Password.com account as it enables all features in 1Password 6.

However, macOS (and iOS) is our flagship platform with the largest development team because it is where we originally started. This is what we're changing lately to be cross-platform first by using the 1Password.com service as the central point but that is a huge undertaking for us as a small private company after a decade worth of just local products.

I would also recommend updating your website, since I do not see any noticeable banners, or information that states you must use 1PW4 for local syncing on Windows 10.

A lot of stuff has changed in the last month, so we are in the process of updating our docs to reflect it. 1Password 4 for Windows is no longer for sale, as an example.

We're in process of updating our docs to reflect that local sync are limited to specific platforms and 1Password.com would be the best option for all cross-platform support.

• an0m13
    an0m13
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

I am having the same issue as Matt, the sad thing is that I already invested on 1password for Mac (before app store and in appstore), Android and Windows licenses, so I have purchased 4 licenses in total + dropbox. I wouldn't mind staying on legacy but the chrome extension does not work correctly with 1password 4 on my windows machines, and the AppStore version of 1password in my iMac and MacBook Pro

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@an0m13: Thank you for weighing in!

You should not be having any troubles with 1Password extension's work with 1Password 4 on Windows or the latest version of 1Password on your Macs. Could you please elaborate on that in the email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com?

The additional info will be really helpful, so hopefully we will be able to identify and fix the issues you have right now. Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.