Now that 1Password has eased Document storage to the available space

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

There is a question, what happens when the device has less storage than what's in the vault?

For example, if I have an iPhone 16GB and other devices that are 128GB capacity.

Photos easily can be 10MB per file.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: If there is insufficient space, the download will fail. This is why we've shied away from automatic document downloads. Especially on mobile devices many people have very, very little disk space, and even less of it is free. I think Apple has finally stopped selling 16GB iPhones, but I suspect there are plenty of refurbished ones out there that are available, and perhaps some carriers have 16GB models hanging around. 32GB seems to be pretty standard at the lower end now for Android as well, and I'm sure this will improve in time. We'll continue to evaluate things as they develop.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I doubt this will be relevant for Teams and I have never owned an 8GB iPhone but I have known people who owned the 8GB iPhone model and crammed it to maximum. Nothing but problems even to the point of being unable to update it.

How far back can WebCrypto go in order for the Web App be supported.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2017
    Options

@wkleem,

If you're experiencing difficulty using 1Password we're happy to do our best to help but if this is just a theortical issue we're not really in a position to handle that and spend time researching at the moment.

Please let me know if you need help with 1Password, or if we can go ahead and close this thread. Thanks!

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I have given those Low capacity devices away and are unlikely to see one anytime soon. You may lock this thread.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No problem. Cheers! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.