Feature Request: Let me easily get back to last searched and used entry in the mini app.

vamp07
vamp07
Community Member

I am a long time user and there has always been something that bugs me about the 1Password UI. I have many entries with multiple per websites in many cases. Sometimes I'll be on a site and hit my keyboard shortcut to bring up 1password mini and search for the entry I want to use for the current website. I then select the username and hit enter to copy. I paste it and then need to do the same search again because it does not remember the last entry I was using so I can get the password or one-time password. It would be nice if upon using the keyboard shortcut to bring up the search vault option it made it easy to get back to the last site I was using. I would think this would especially apply if I have not gone to a different site since my last search and copy of some item for a site.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 6.7.1
OS Version: OS x 10.12.5
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vamp07,

Thanks for taking the time to send us your request! We've heard similar requests from other customers, and it's definitely something our developers are looking into. I can see how that would be helpful for you.

However, I noticed you're doing this in order to copy and paste your username and password into the sign-in form on a website. Is there a reason you're not using the 1Password browser extension to fill the sign-in form for you? If you go to that site's sign-in page and then select a Login item for that site from mini / browser extension, 1Password should fill those fields for you so you don't need to copy and paste at all. We explain how to do that here: Sign in to sites with 1Password

I hope that helps make the process easier for you! If you have more questions, please let us know. :)

• vamp07
    vamp07
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Drew,

You are right. Your suggestion will work for many cases. I try to use 2-factor authentication for almost all sites it is an option. I use 365 for many clients and if you turn on two-factor it asks you for the code constantly as opposed to most sites that use the "remember this browser" option. Add to that that the login URL can vary on Microsoft sites so when you bring up 1password mini it does not always know what to suggest. After you find the one you want to use it works great to fill in user/pass but your back to square one when you need to enter the 2-factor code. It sure would be nice if it realized a field the site was asking for was the two-factor code and used the code from the entry you just picked to log in with.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @vamp07, I see what you mean! Our developers have been working on a feature to automatically copy a one-time password field after filling a sign-in form with that Login item. So in that case, you wouldn't need to search for that same Login item again - you could simply paste the TOTP. That's not available in a stable release version yet, but once it is, it sounds like that would help with this situation. :)

This discussion has been closed.