Rich Icons missing in 1Password Personal for some websites

karizma23
karizma23
Community Member

(I don't see a category for 1Password Personal, so I'm posting in 'Families'.)

I recently set up a new 1Password Personal account and migrated over all of my existing logins from 1Password on my iPhone. I'm noticing that several websites (including larger websites like ESPN, DocuSign, Eastbay, H&R Block, HSN, Indeed, JC Penney, etc.) are not getting Rich Icons. Some of these sites had Rich Icons in my 1Password for iOS but when I migrated they seem to have lost the icons. I have websites for every login I have in my vault, so I'm not sure what's going wrong. I hate seeing those generic key icons in my vault and having the Rich Icons really helps with finding my logins quickly.

How can I get these missing icons to work? Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:rich icons missing

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@karizma23: I find that searching helps me locate the right login faster, but Rich Icons are certainly nice looking in a list! Unlike custom icons you add (which sync with your data) these are only stored locally on your device though. Not app versions of 1Password support Rich Icons, but if yours does they will be downloaded on demand. Can you tell me which version of 1Password you're using?

• karizma23
    karizma23
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, I'm using iOS version 6.4.5 and the 1Password Personal website. I've never had a consistent experience with Rich Icons in 1Password, which I find kind of odd. I'm obviously not privy to how they're generated/captured/set, but it would be cool if I could wrangle them to not just have a nice looking list (which, yes, is nice!) but to have a nice quick visual way to scroll through and find a particular login quickly. I'm not much of search user. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@karizma23: Ah, gotcha. Thanks for getting back to me! We've made some improvements to Rich Icons in the current betas of 1Password for iOS, so keep an eye out for updates and see if that helps.

In the mean time, make sure that you have Rich Icons enabled (in 1Password Settings > General). But to be clear, we do not have Rich Icons for every site out there on our server, so this will only work for sites we've added already manually. I can't promise anything, but if you'll give me the URLs I can put in requests to add these to our database. And you can also add custom icons to any item using the desktop apps as well. Cheers! :)

• karizma23
    karizma23
    Community Member

Hi Brenty - Thanks for the reply. I do indeed have Rich Icons turned on in the app. Aside from icons for some pretty major sites missing, I also noted that when I copied logins from my Dropbox-sync'd vault to my Personal (hosted) vault, some logins lost their Rich Icons. In other words, logins that did have Rich Icons previously now did not after the migration. That's a slightly separate issue, though, possibly.

Here are some sites that would be helpful to be added (and that are all currently missing Rich Icons in my iOS 1Password app):

• ESPN.com
    • Reddit.com
    • DocuSign.com
    • Eastbay.com
    • HRBlock.com
    • HSN.com
    • Indeed.com
    • JCPenney.com
    • BECU.org
    • AXS.com
    • Beam.pro
    • Brickseek.com
    • CamelCamelCamel.com
    • CostcoTravel.com
    • Discordapp.com
    • Key.me
    • Kik.com
    • McDonalds.com
    • Monoprice.com
    • Nvidia.com
    • Offerupnow.com
    • PandaExpress.com
    • Postmates.com
    • Slack.com
    • Slickdeals.net
    • Squaretrade.com
    • Tacobell.com
    • Venmo.com
    • Wingstop.com

I'll note here that I don't use the desktop apps - I'm iOS and web only - so custom icons are a no go.

Thanks for your help.

• Jacob
    edited December 2016

@karizma23 Thanks for the suggestions! I just added a bunch of those — there are a lot in there which should have been in our collection anyway. :) I'll put the rest on our todo list. Thanks again for mentioning it.

ref: AGW-349

• hitmoguls
    hitmoguls
    Community Member

I recently began the process of converting from splashID and have enjoyed the rich icons, but they only seem to populate (iOS) in the logins category, but not the memberships. Is there a way to use the rich icons in the "memberships" category? Thanks.

• Hi @hitmoguls,

The membership category does not have Rich Icons. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Ben

• hitmoguls
    hitmoguls
    Community Member

thanks for the quick response

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for getting in touch. Memberships don't have URLs associated with them, so we can't pull icons the same way we do with logins. So while we don't currently have plans to add a similar feature for Memberships, maybe we can do that someday. Cheers! :)

• itsgabzs
    itsgabzs
    Community Member

You should to add/update:

• MercadoLibre.com
    • 500px.com
    • Backblaze.com
    • Bitly.com
    • Box.com
    • Cinemex.com
    • Cinepolis.com
    • CreativeMarket.com
    • Disqus.com
    • Feedly.com
    • GoDaddy.com
    • Opera.com
    • Todoist.com
    • Zapier.com
    • Zoho.com

Also i want to ask you, since a time ago some icons doesn't shows and if i add new logins it show empty icon logo. Is it a problem with 1Password.com?

• @itsgabzs Thanks for letting us know about those! I'll look into adding them soon. :)

Also i want to ask you, since a time ago some icons doesn't shows and if i add new logins it show empty icon logo. Is it a problem with 1Password.com?

Where are you seeing this? Is it in the 1Password apps or 1Password.com?

ref: AGW-349

• itsgabzs
    itsgabzs
    Community Member

1Password.com

It's very weird because this happens after i updated Secret key, at least i think it. Also 1Password for iOS and Android changes custom icons for default.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

The Secret Key doesn't interact with icons in any way. Likely just a glitch with coincidental timing. :)

This discussion has been closed.