Update Failed

HowardGS
HowardGS
Community Member

My friend just did a belated update and has lost her iPhone 1Password icon. In purchases it is listed but is greyed out so she can't do anything. Iphone6+, hard reset carried out but with no screen icon to delete she can't do a reinstall. Any suggestions please

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

@HowardGS: Unfortunately that happens with me on iOS as well sometimes, and individual apps don't have any control over the installation or update process. Apart from contacting Apple for assistance, the only options you have are to restart the device and try removing the app from Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage (under Storage). However, do not delete anything unless you've backed up the data already. Let me know what you find!

• HowardGS
    HowardGS
    Community Member

Thanks for the prompt response:-)

First time for us and I am on my fifth IPhone. So just to clarify, she needs to back up her phone, go to iCloud and turn off the 1Password setting, delete 1Password App from her "device" in ICloud but NOT in the data setting (there are 2 entries) then install the app again?

I presume when the iCloud data is turned back on it will sync to the phone again?

Have I understood correctly?

• HowardGS
    HowardGS
    Community Member

Apparently it's just resolved itself so I am not sure what the problem was but no drastic action required. Help and advice appreciated for next time.
    Thanks

• Thanks for the update @HowardGS. Sometimes app updates on iOS stall and will resume the next time they're able. It isn't something anyone can really do anything about necessarily, it just happens. Usually letting it run its course it will resolve itself.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.