Migrate 1P 4 license to 1P 6

Hi,

I've purchased a license for Windows and iOS 1Password 4 a few years ago and have used v4 since then, but after a Windows re-install I was only able to download v6 from the website, and since I don't have a license/subscription for it, my account was frozen.
Is there any way to upgrade from v4 to v6 using my existing license key, if not, will there be an option for it in the future?
Unfortunately I can't purchase a subscription for v6 since I don't have a credit card, and the frozen account thing is really bugging me at the moment, so I would like to resolve this as fast as possible.

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 6.5
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Frank
    edited May 2017

Hi @soulguerilla - Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry for any confusion on our downloads page. You can still download 1Password 4 for Windows. If you click the link right under the blue download button you should see an option for 1Password 4. A 1Password membership is required in order to use 1Password 6 at the moment. Our main focus is making sure our 1Password memberships offer the best 1Password experience. If you want to continue with your 1Password membership, you can purchase a Visa, MasterCard or American Express gift card to pay for the subscription on an annual basis. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. I'll be happy to assist. :smile:

• soulguerilla
    soulguerilla
    Community Member

Thanks for the response, I went back to version 4 for now.
    Do you have any plans to offer other payment options for a subscription in the future?

• Frank
    edited May 2017

Hi @soulguerilla - That's a great question! As of right now only Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are valid payment methods.

Two other options available to you: you can purchase a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express gift card and use that to pay for the subscription on a monthly or annual basis.

The other option, since you have an iOS device, you can set up the subscription through iTunes. The subscription will be billed through Apple using the payment method you currently have setup via your iTunes account.

I appreciate the request to add additional payment methods in the future. This definitely something we can look into but I don't have a timeline to provide you with at the moment. May I ask what type of payment options you're looking for us to add in the future? I'll be happy to share your suggestions with my team :smile:

This discussion has been closed.