Family & Reveal feature

dodgeandburn
dodgeandburn
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Families

I noticed that on https://support.1password.com/create-share-vaults/, in the table at the bottom showing the differences between Family and Team, that Team allows to "Reveal passwords: passwords can be revealed and copied to the clipboard". This suggests to me that with Family the reveal feature isn't available on shared vaults.

Is this true?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    edited June 2017

Hi @dodgeandburn - Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you're correct. 1Password Teams features more advanced access controls compared to a 1Password Families account. The "reveal password" permission is a benefit that's included with a Pro plan. With 1Password Families, access controls include read & write based permissions including the ability to manage a vault - as shown in the screenshot below. I hope this helped clarify permissions a bit more. Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be happy to help. :smile:

• dodgeandburn
    dodgeandburn
    Community Member

Thanks for responding.

To be specific, the "reveal" feature I'm talking about seems is the ability to view a password without the masking. I can do this in my trial individual account easily. It allows me to copy, reveal, or reveal with large type.

So, are you saying that a family member using the Shared vault cannot actually see the password in order to, say, enter it on an Apple TV to login to Netflix?

Thanks

• Hi @dodgeandburn - Thank you for getting back to me :wink: I appreciate the clarification and now we're on the same page. Yes, the family member will be able to see the password for Netflix if added to the Shared vault. We mask all passwords by default, just in case you're in a public setting. If you need to view the password you can click the "reveal" option. If you have a hard time seeing like I do, you can click the "reveal with large type" to increase the font size. The "copy" option is just that, your family member can click "copy" then paste it into the password field. Sorry again for the confusion earlier and I hope this helped a bit more :smile: Good question and I'm glad you asked!

• dodgeandburn
    dodgeandburn
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification. I was perplexed that this feature wouldn't be possible. (Plus, if copy was allowed then someone would be able to paste it to see it in plain text anyway...)

So, what then is the reveal feature of the Pro plan?

Thanks

• Hi @dodgeandburn - You're welcome and I'm glad to hear that helped. The "reveal password" permission gives the Owner or Admin of the Team's account the ability to better manage what team members can or can't access. If this permission is enabled, team members won't have the option to "reveal or copy" the password. The team member will then have to rely on the open & fill function or our 1Password extension to sign into the website :+1:

This discussion has been closed.