1Password.com user but still need Sync option

Options
guillaumekh
guillaumekh
Community Member

Hi,

I use 1Password.com with a Families subscription to sync vaults with my family. It works great, i love it.
I also rely on Dropbox Sync to keep vaults in sync with coworkers.

I have recently noticed that during a recent upgrade of 1Password Mac, my Dropbox-synced vaults were converted to local vaults and then migrated to my Families account. AFAIK this change was silent and made without my consent but I might have missed warnings about this.

Dropbox sync was super reliable and worked great for work. I have read the existing threads which explain the rationale behind the removal of the item in Preferences (i.e. users who use 1password.com don't need Dropbox sync anymore) but I feel our situation is different. Getting a Teams subscription would mean on-boarding a dozen other coworkers and clients, all of whom still have perfectly fine working Dropbox sync. I effectively locked myself out of a small ecosystem that I helped build after advoctating 1Password for years to clients and colleagues. Since clearly Dropbox Sync has not been deprecated yet as AgileBits just implemented the new Dropbox API, i must ask: How can i force activate the Sync option in Preferences ?

Best regards,

Guillaume

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox, 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:Sync missing

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi Guillaume

You can add Dropbox synced vaults to 1Password by clicking on their vault files in Dropbox. :) They should be named either Vault Name.agilekeychain or Vault Name.opvault.

Thanks.

Ben

• guillaumekh
    guillaumekh
    Community Member
    Options

This is perfect. Thanks @Ben for the quick reply !

Warm regards,

Guillaume

• Ben
    Options

You're most welcome. Glad that worked out. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• guillaumekh
    guillaumekh
    Community Member
    Options

On trying the suggested solution, 1Password Mac actually threw an error.
    The rough translation goes like this : "Impossible to open the keychain, import from keychain into vaults is currently unsupported by 1Password."
    The vault was an .opvault file.

• rudy
    Options

@guillaumekh,

Did you turn on local vaults on the bottom of the Advanced tab in preferences before you did that?

Rudy

• guillaumekh
    guillaumekh
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't. Problem solved now.
    Thanks a lot to you both for your assistance.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Rudy and Ben, you're very welcome! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.