Better UI for Mac Toolbar menu (Show 4 more categories)

QueFA
QueFA
Community Member

1Password is one of my most used tools. I love it.

That being said, it would be just a bit better if you fixed the UI for the Mac Toolbar menu. Specifically, why have you truncated the menu? That is: why do I have to click to "Show 4 more categories"? What's the rationale? Can't be screen resolution. Is it to simplify the display? If so, I for one would be ok with showing all of the items without an extra click.

The downside is that extra click, made many times through out the day. I access the items not shown by default many times a day and it's annoying to have that extra click.

At a minimum could you allow your users to the option either 1) show all items without the click of "Show 4 more categories" or at least 2) allow us to determine what's above the "fold".

Thanks for the consideration

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.7 (670008) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    edited May 2017

@QueFA

We've been thinking about this. I have contacted you by Message with instructions.

Rudy

• QueFA
    QueFA
    Community Member

Yes, resolved. Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Rudy, you're very welcome. Have a great weekend! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@rudy - Instructions? Do send, please. I too find this UI aspect a time waster.

• @MrC

Sent.

Rudy

• ktweb
    ktweb
    Community Member

I would also like to receive these.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ktweb,

I'll send you a message shortly. :)

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member

Sorry to add to your workload but I'd like that ability too please ;-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem at all, @rwakeford! I just sent you a message with the instructions. Enjoy your new ability! ;)

• gjb
    gjb
    Community Member

Hi, could I have the instructions too please?

I'm currently using 13 of the available categories (9 regularly), so having to click on the 'Show more categories' option is something that I have to do probably 20-30 times a day.

By default, I only see 5 categories even though there's space on my tiny 11" MacBook Air screen to view all of them at the same time.

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

No worries, @gjb -- I've just sent you an email to the address you signed up to this forum from, with instructions on how to accomplish this.

ref: NAX-21162-522

• xiamenese
    xiamenese
    Community Member

Why are two categories hidden on 1Password Mini? It is highly irritating. The categories in question are Email Accounts and Software Licences. The latter of these I use very often and it bugs me to have to click on the show line before I can access it. It seems to me to be a somewhat strange decision to hide them, as they are built in categories and they only extend the dropdown by a very small amount.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
    Extension Version: 4.6.9
    OS Version: MacOS 10.12.6
    Sync Type: 1 Password for Families

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xiamenese -- I've merged your thread with an existing one on the same topic; I hope that's OK. If you'd like the instructions for changing this default behavior, I'd be happy to send them. Just let us know.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

@xiamenese, and other interested future readers. :)

If you'd rather not send email for instructions, Kevin posted them in:

another discussion comment

Cheers!

• xiamenese
    xiamenese
    Community Member

Thanks for your comments people. SJK, the instructions in that thread you give seem to refer to 1Password 4, whereas I'm running version 6.8. Perhaps Lars would send me the equivalent terminal command for my version—I originally bought it from you several years ago but I'm now running a 1Password for Families account, so it's on subscription—or one of you would be kind enough to post it here.

Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

The instructions will only work with version 6; ignore the '4' that's a naming convention carryover from version 4 times. :smile:

• xiamenese
    xiamenese
    Community Member

Thanks. That 4 was most confusing! However, all is now well.

:)

• gbarton985
    gbarton985
    Community Member

Hi,

When using the browser extension to find a password/website to go to and fill in, many times when I type a keyword, it will show one item and then show something like "show 6 more items"). {{ Please see attached image for an example ... }} So, if I have 7 items that match a search (e.g. "USAA) then it shows one item and an option to "show 6 more items." To see other items, I have to click the "show 6 more items" for them to be displayed.

This extra step is both annoying and unnecessary since I have many passwords that have matching keywords. Is there a way to turn this off?

• If so, please tell me how to do so.
    • If not, please consider this a feature request (either to make it an option that can be turned on/off or removing that feature alltogether).

Tech Specs of My System...

• Using Macbook Pro, Sierra 10.12.6
    • Using 1Password 6, Version 6.8.1 (681006) (AgileBits Store)
    • Using Chrome Version 61.0.3163.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • Chrome Extension Version 4.6.11.91

1Password Version: 6.8.1
    Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
    OS Version: OSX Sierra 10.12.6
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• gbarton985
    gbarton985
    Community Member

By the way, thank you for your support. Love 1Password - huge fan!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gbarton985 - I've sent you the instructions via email to the address you used to register here at the forum. Check your Spam or Bulk email folders if you don't see it soon. Cheers!

ref: VYR-41132-785

• gbarton985
    gbarton985
    Community Member

Lars, thank you! Your solution worked perfectly! Thanks and have an amazing week!

• @gbarton985,

Thanks for the update!

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.