How to get 1Password 6.7.1 on my IPhone?

pbbeaty
pbbeaty
Community Member

I originally purchase 1Password from the AppStore and downloaded to my MacBook Pro. I have since then updated this version to 1Password 6.7.1 and have only one copy of 1Password 6.7.1 on my MacBook Pro. Yesterday I read a discussion in your knowledge base about getting 1Password on to an IPhone but on 1Password6. Could you please send me the link so I can type the link into Safri on my IPhone for the 1Password6 App. The only way I see to do this is to type the link into Safri.

1Password Version: 1Password6
Extension Version: 6.7.1
OS Version: 10.3.1
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• Hi @pbbeaty

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question. If you're looking to download 1Password for iOS you can do so using this link:

http://j.mp/1PasCS

You can also search the App Store for 1Password and you should see it listed. You can learn about how to sync your data between your devices here:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. If I misunderstood your question, or if your have further questions, please let me know. :)

Ben

• pbbeaty
    pbbeaty
    Community Member

I did type in the link information for 1Password into Safri on my IPhone and this app created a conflict with 1Password 6.7.1 on my MacBook Pro. I could not open 1Password 6.7.1 on my MacBook Pro until I deleted the app from my IPhone. The Support Forum discussion in August 2016, "How to get 1Password on my iPhone" showed a link sent from chadseld for 1Password. This is the link I typed in for 1Password. Please send me the link for 1Password 6.7.1.

• @pbbeaty,

I'm sorry but I'm really not sure what it is what you're talking about. In what way did installing 1Password on your iPhone conflict? What happened when you tried launching 1Password on your Mac with 1Password installed on your iPhone?

Also the link I posted above is for 1Password 6.7.1 for iOS.

Ben

• pbbeaty
    pbbeaty
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Hi Ben, thanks for your response. I now have another problem; I can't find my secret key. I've searched the Knowledge Base and completed the 4 steps for "If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store" and still can't obtain my secret key. I'v done this twice and still no luck. But, I do have a 1Password App on my phone! Making progress. I've read through the "How to find your account details" on the phone app and under "If you previously signed in to 1Password.com" it talks about clicking your account name in the top right. Unfortunately, there is no account name in this new version of 1Password. Ok, at the end of this information on my phone it says to contact you and give you the following information that I used to sign up for 1Password: email is email redacted, purchased through Apple's App Store, and using a MacBook Pro. See if you can find anything. Regards, Pat

• @pbbeaty,

Only 1Password.com subscription memberships have a Secret Key. As you're not currently a member you'd either need to create an account, or manually sync your data.

You can read more about the benefits of an account here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

And you can learn about migrating your existing data to an account here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If you'd rather sync your data manually, sans-account, you can do so, but this is considered an advanced option:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• pbbeaty
    pbbeaty
    Community Member

Ben, what is meant by a subscription? I made a one time through the Apple Store to purchase 1 Password and then later updated my software through updates from 1Password to 1Password 6.71. If I purchased 1Password shouldn't I be a member? I'm confused.
    Regards,
    Pat

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pbbeaty: As Ben mentioned, you'll only have a membership account if you'd signed up for one. If you purchased a single version of 1Password, you're only entitled to use that version. The others would be a separate purchase, and you'd have to sync your own data in that case. A 1Password.com subscription, on the other hand, gives you access to the latest version of all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. Hope that helps clarify things. Cheers! :)

• pbbeaty
    pbbeaty
    Community Member

Brenty, I'm confused again. I've clicked on the link above then it takes me to 1Password at $2.99 per month ($35.88 per year) or $4.99 per month ($59.88 per year) selection. It also asks me to verify my email address. So I go to my phone and there is an email from 1Password. The email takes me the to start my trail option so I click on the box. It give me an option of 1Password for $35.99 per year (this includes 20% discount) or $3.99 ($47.88 per year). So how much is the family plan for the year? Pat

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

@pbbeaty: Sorry for the confusion there. It can vary a little based on your region, where you're paying, and your currency.

In your example, it sounds like you're going through the App Store. It is impossible to charge in other than 1$ increments starting at 99¢, so the annual rate there is 11¢ more. Also, this may not apply in your case, but the App Store charges in local currency, and the exchange is set by Apple.

Regarding the other price, it sounds like you're referring to 1Password Families, which is more expensive than an individual 1Password.com membership, but includes 5 members at the base price.

In either case though, you get a lower rate by paying annually as opposed to monthly. Hopefully this helps, but if you have further account- and pricing-related questions, please email us at support@1password.com so we can discuss sensitive account details more privately. Cheers! :)

• pbbeaty
    pbbeaty
    Community Member

Benty, so I will be able to access my current information in 1Password 6.7.1 when I sign up for 1Password.com subscriptions? Does is automatically come over from 1Password 6.7.1?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pbbeaty: Yep! Once you migrate your data to your new 1Password.com account it will be accessible on your devices simply by signing in: no sync configuration necessary, and you won't have to enter a license key either. To be clear, you'll be using the same app, but your encrypted data will be handled centrally by the 1Password.com server, so there's less setup for you to do going forward. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.