Force sync with subscription

Options

I'm currently in my 30 day free trial, and wondering how I can force a sync from a computer that still has an old password for a login. I changed my login on my work PC about an hour and a half ago, and then came back here and opened up a PC that has been on for the last 12 hours or so. Unfortunately, 1Password on this PC still has the old password for the site. I logged into my online 1Password account https://my.1password.com and saw the new password. How do I force a sync between the master vault and my local one on this PC?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Mancolt,

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password 6!

It seems that for some reason 1Password on your PC does not update your info and sync with the server. Have you by any chance changed your account credentials recently?

It will also be helpful, if you share a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC, where you still have an old password. Here is how you can do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Mancolt
    Mancolt
    Community Member
    Options

It does sync, eventually. I'm just surprised there's no option to force a sync. I added an account last night on my home PC. I'm at work now, and I tried to go to the site. It isn't showing. But it shows on my phone, which means it was stored to the cloud. Maybe it has something to do with my company's IT team limiting the number of refreshes, or automatic refreshes, but it'd be nice to be able to force a sync process. Does this option exist and I'm just missing it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mancolt: There isn't an option for that. The thing is, if the data cannot be sync'd immediately automatically, it won't be possible to force it manually either. The clients will try (and retry) to send data to the server when you make changes there, and similarly the server will attempt to push the changes through to your other devices once it receives the data...but if something is interfering one (and ultimately both) of those processes may not work consistently. We just don't have control over whether or not someone else's network allows the connection through. It does seem strange that it isn't being blocked consistently though. If you create a new test item on each device, where does the problem seem to be localized? Is it only in one direction?

• Mancolt
    Mancolt
    Community Member
    Options

Seems to be both directions. I created a login on my home PC, which wasn't available on my work PC the following day, but was available on my Android phone. I also just noticed that a work login I created yesterday from my work PC is not available on my home PC, almost a day later. But alas, that one is also available on my Android phone. Both PCs seem to communicate fine sending to the cloud, but it's receiving from the cloud that seems to be delayed to the point of being noticeably frustrating.

• @Mancolt sorry to hear it doesn't work as expected, most likely it's due to blocking of notifications from 1password.com in your work network. While there is no manual sync, there is a way to force it - just click Edit->Save on any item without changes. Hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.