1Password frozen with sync in progress

holgr
holgr
Community Member

Starting today with no updates to the app or iOS (I didn’t install iOS 11 on my main phone, but on my iPad), I’m seeing app (latest TestFlight beta) getting stuck with the Syncing icon spinning in Settings. I can maybe scroll a few items but swiping to select a password or opening an entry is impossible.

1Password Version: 6.8 (680001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3 (14G5037b)
Sync Type: Teams

Comments

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

Apparently something broke with my iCloud account after updating my iPad to iOS 11. Removing the app and not adding the iCloud sync (which failed on my iPhone but not my iPad with iOS 11) worked. Maybe this’ll be helpful for others using a mix of iOS 10 and 11.

• Hi @holgr ,

Thanks for letting us know. If you turn on iCloud sync on your phone at this point, does it freeze up?

Cheers,
    Kevin

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member

Hi @ag_kevin,

is that Settings > Vaults > Enable Standalone Vaults?

Cheers,
    Holger

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@holgr: I'm not sure we're on the same page here. Are you using iCloud to sync local vaults, or have you been using only a 1Password.com account up until now?

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

@brenty I had iCloud sync enabled for ages, then moved all my items from iCloud to 1Password.com and another Team account that I'm a member of. So the iCloud Vault was empty for months, but still there. Well, until yesterday that is.

• Hi @holgr ,

Sorry about that. If you have an account, then no need to turn on iCloud sync. You can remove that 1Password data from iCloud in the Settings in Advanced.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.