If I purchased 1Password via the Apple Store do I still need pay $3.99 for a subscription?

I have paid for the Mac version of 1Password and I see the new travel option. Do I really need to pay $3.99 month to use this feature? I am fine with doing my syncing over iCloud and via my laptop.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.7 (670008) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:If I purchased 1Password via the Apple Store do I still need pay $3.99 for a subscription?

Comments

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @kbf423 - Great question! If you purchased the standalone version of 1Password via the Mac App Store, you don't have to sign up for a 1Password membership. A subscription account is not required if you purchased the standalone version. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions. :+1:

• Hi Frank

I added an account to sign-in and use the travel option. I had a Primary vault and then it created another vault that is linked to my account. I want to use the Travel feature but sync my data via iCloud since I don't share my vault with anyone. I see now that my UI in 1Password on my Mac (10.12.5 (16F73)) has changed and I don't have the option to sync my data with iCloud from my Mac or to run a backup of what is on my Mac. I also deleted the Primary Vault since it was a duplicate of the online vault and would like to get this type of vault back (not on my Agile bits). Once my 30 day subscription expires will I still see my vaults that are on my account and will I then have the option to sync with iCloud again?

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @kbf423 - Sorry for the confusion and I'll do my best to explain. With a 1Password membership, since we host the data on our end we're able to provide awesome features like Travel Mode. This is not possible to do with a standalone license. With a 1Password membership, we take care of all the syncing on our end so you don't have to manage a sync source using iCloud.

When you deleted your Primary vault this removed the Sync option under preferences. I recommend choosing one or the other going forward. We will send you a friendly reminder via email 4 days prior to your free trial coming to end. So you have plenty of time to make a decision on what works best for you. If you enjoy using your new 1Password membership, I'll be happy to add a credit to your account for the standalone license that you purchased since it will still be within the 60 day return policy. I hope this helped clarify things a little more and thank you for sending over the additional details, very much appreciated :smile: Keep me posted if you have any additional questions, I'll be happy to help.

• Thanks Frank. Is there a procedure to create a new Primary vault and if so can you send me the link to this procedure or send me the instructions?

Thanks,
    Ken

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @kbf423 - Yes, you can recreate your Primary vault by following the steps below -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac. Click on 1Password in very top menu bar, select Preferences > Advanced tab. Check the box 'Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts'.

That should do it :wink: Let me know if this helped or if you run into any questions along the way.

This discussion has been closed.