Four Devices • One is Not Syncing.

jcbrown
jcbrown
Community Member

I have iMac, MacBook, iPad Pro, and Android Phone. MacBook is Not Syncing with Updates. The other three Devices are Synced.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:not syncing

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jcbrown,

If your MacBook isn't syncing with your other devices, there could be a problem with the sync settings. Please check that by following these steps:

On your MacBook:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure it shows your Primary vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (Mac)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync preferences, check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox.

If Dropbox was already enabled on your MacBook, it might be pointing to a different sync file than your other devices. You can follow the above steps on your iMac to check the name and path of the sync file in Dropbox, or you could check it on your iPad:

On your iPad:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is Dropbox.
    • Tap "Sync Service" and check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox).

If the problem is that your MacBook is pointing to a different sync file than the other devices, you'll need to disable the sync settings on your MacBook, then set it up again and choose the correct sync file.

Let us know how it goes and what you find, thanks! :)

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

Already done everything specified.

MacBook is only a few Days Old. Apple Transfer Assistance was used to Copy from iMac.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jcbrown,

Can you please verify that Dropbox is working correctly on the new MacBook? Just open the local Dropbox folder and copy any file or folder there. Does that file/folder show up in the Dropbox folder on your iMac, as well as in the Dropbox app on your iPad and Android device?

If Dropbox is working correctly, do you have all your latest 1Password data on your other devices (iMac, iPad, Android)? If so, try resetting the 1Password app on your new MacBook and set it up again by syncing with Dropbox. You can follow these steps:

On your MacBook:

1. Open the main 1Password app.
    2. Make sure 1Password is locked - if it isn't, lock it by clicking the padlock in the top right corner of the app window.
    3. Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. After resetting it, open 1Password again. From the ‘Welcome’ screen, click on ‘Sync using Dropbox’.
    5. Click the ‘Chose File…’ button and select your sync file from Dropbox.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there.

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

"Reset All 1Password Data" is Grayed Out on MacBook.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jcbrown,

That option will only be available when 1Password is locked. As step 2 says, you can lock 1Password by clicking the padlock in the top right corner of the app window. Then the option to reset 1Password will be available.

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

When I click on the Lock Icon, it logs me out of 1Password.

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

Now I can Click on Reset All 1Password Data.

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

Add Footnote to Step 2 • Clicking on Lock Icon Logs you out. Continue with Step 3.

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

Dropbox had to be Reinstalled. Now good to go.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad it's working correctly again! It sounds like it was a problem with the Dropbox app. Sorry for any confusion about locking/unlocking 1Password. If you see the lock screen, the app is locked - if you can see your data, it's unlocked. The app needs to be locked in order to use the "Reset All 1Password Data" option. Fortunately you were able to figure it out!

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Now the 1Password Data Changes I've Made on iPad Pro and iMac for one particular Login is not there.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jcbrown,

Just to make sure I understand: Do you mean you made a change in 1Password on your iPad which didn't sync to any of your other devices, and you also made a different change in 1Password on your iMac which didn't sync to any of your other devices? Or do you mean changes you make on your iPad and/or iMac sync with each other, but not with your MacBook or Android device? In other words, where exactly are you making changes, where do those changes sync, and where do those changes not sync?

You also said your changes "are not there for one particular Login" but I'm not clear if you mean changes to that Login aren't syncing to certain devices, or if the changes you made to that Login have disappeared on the device(s) where you made them. Can you please clarify that?

In general, please describe what you're doing, the exact steps you're taking to do it, and what happens on each device. Once we understand more about the situation, we should have a much better idea of how to help you get things working again. Thanks! :)

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

Changes were made on iPad Pro and iMac. After I did Resync on MacBook, the Changes are back to what they were previously. I did a Reinstall of 1Password on iMac because of iPassword Mini issue.

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

1Password is Working, just Data is Not Current as Expected. Changes were dropped.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @jcbrown, but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what happens after you make a change on your iPad or iMac. Do the changes initially sync to your MacBook, but then those items revert back to their previous, un-changed state on the MacBook? And if so, are the changes then lost on your iPad and iMac as well? Or do you mean the changes never appear on your MacBook at all, and then the items revert back to their un-changed state on your iPad and iMac? Or something else?

Keep in mind that we can't see what's happening on your end, so we need you to be as detailed as possible when describing the problem and the steps you're taking.

It will also help if you can follow these steps and let us know what happens:

• On your MacBook, add a new Secure Note and name it "Test from MacBook"
    • On your iMac, add a new Secure Note and name it "Test from iMac"
    • On your iPad, add a new Secure Note and name it "Test from iPad"
    • On your Android device, add a new Secure Note and name it "Test from Android"

On each device, allow 1Password to sync with Dropbox. After you've done that on all four devices, check each one to see the results. Which of those items sync to which devices?

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

The changes were removed from the iMac and iPad Pro after Resyncing MacBook.

Android is Read-Only. Cannot Add Anything.

iPad Pro is Not getting Additions from iMac nor MacBook. iMac, MacBook, and Android is Not getting Addition from iPad Pro.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jcbrown,

Ok, so if I understand, it sounds like your iMac, MacBook, and Android device are syncing with each other, but your iPad won't sync changes to or from the others. In that case, please check the sync settings in 1Password on your iPad:

• Open 1Password on your iPad and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync service or says Start Syncing, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (iOS)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync settings, tap "Sync Service" and check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox).

If your iPad is pointing to a different sync file in Dropbox than your other devices, you'll need to disable sync on the iPad, then set it up again and choose the correct sync file.

Let us know how it goes, thanks!

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

Dropbox is Location for /1Password.agilekeychain File.

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

MacBook finally Synced. Not sure why it took so long. No way to determine why iPad Pro Changes were Lost. I do see Message on Android Phone of "Can't sync file..."

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jcbrown,

I'm glad your iMac, MacBook, and iPad are all syncing correctly now!

Since you're having trouble syncing 1Password on your Android phone, I've moved this discussion our Android forum so the right people will see it and be able to help. Can you please let us know some more details about what you're seeing in 1Password for Android? Where/when do you get that error, and what is the exact, full message it shows you? If possible, it would be great if you could take a screenshot of that message (just make sure it doesn't show any personal/private information). When replying, you can drag the screenshot into your message, or click the "Attach image" button above the comment field and select the file.

Thanks in advance! :)

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

Sync on Android Phone is not now display an error message.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@jcbrown, do you mean the sync is working correctly again?

• jcbrown
    jcbrown
    Community Member

Yes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.