Annual billing and cancel subscription

Hi guys,

I'm interested in joining the annual plan since it's cheaper than the monthly subscription and, reading the FAQs, I see that in this case "You’ll be billed every year on the same date you received your first invoice.", so if I join the annual plan today, June 9, 2017, I understand that I'm gonna be billed today and I'm fine until the next June 9, 2018, and that's fine.

What I'd like to know is if I can cancel the subscription immediately after I get billed for the whole year, because what I'd like to do is try using 1Password for 1 year and see how much I use it and if, for my specific case, it's worth renovating the subscription, but at the same time I don't wanna forget to unsubscribe.
Is it possibile to do this? Or if I unsubscribe a few days later I get a refund for the period of time I didn't use and the account gets frozen?

Thanks a lot!
Alessandro

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @Ale88 - Great question and I'll be happy to help out. We include a 30 day free trial giving you a chance to test drive all the features. Four days prior to your trial coming to an end, we will send you a friendly reminder to add a credit card to the billing page to keep the account active. You're right, you will save a little more money over the course of the year by choosing an annual plan. If you subscribe and pay for the year in advance, then decide it's not working out, you can cancel the subscription and continue to use it until your subscription comes to an end. We don't issue refunds for paying in advance, meaning, if you cancel the subscription but still have 10 months left, we won't be able to refund you.

As I mentioned before, you can continue to use 1Password until the subscription ends but we can't refund you for the unused time remaining. It's one of the main reasons we include a free trial with every account. You also have the option to select a monthly plan until you make a decision if 1Password is working out for you. You can read a bit more about our refund policy here and I hope this helped clarify things a bit more. Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions. We're happy to help out. :smile:

• Hi Frank, thanks a lot for the answer!

I've already used the trial version and I really enjoyed it, but anyway 1 month is a short period of time, so I wanted to try it for 1 year ;)

And your answer is what I was hoping for, because you confirmed me that I can pay the whole year in advance, cancel the subscription (or remove the automatic renewal) immediately after without getting the refund and I can keep using the app until it expires, 1 year later.

Great, I'm gonna get the subscription now! :)

Thanks again Frank!

• brentybrenty

Team Member

On behalf of Frank, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. Glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password. We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.