Non-subscription license

With the one time purchase license, does that cover all installs? Mac, and Windows?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PilarPilar

Team Member

Hi @cory123

Thank you for being interested in 1Password. If you buy a 1Password License it will include the current version of 1Password for Mac and Windows, this means 1Password 6 for Mac and 1Password 4 for Windows as well as main updates within this version. Upgrades to newer versions might be payed upgrades. You can get the free version of 1Password for Android and iOS with an in app purchase for the Pro features in both of them.

Just so you know and have all the information available, a 1Password account would include access to the most recent version of the apps in all platforms as well as the ability to access your data from any browser. Right now you can try it for free for the first 6 months!

If you have any other questions or there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

• The standards for storing and encrypting my data on your servers hasn't been very well documented. I've already paid close to $80 for licensing on Mac and Windows along with Android. It's disappointing to hear that I will need to pay yet again to have the updated apps.
    This is already the most expensive password manager on the market and I keep getting asked for money at every turn.

I'm looking for a password manager to recommend for family and this is getting to be a hard product to recommend. $60/year is more affordable, but again, I wish you had more documentation on your encryption SOP for storage and transit during syncing.

Will I receive any discounts if I move to a subscription plan since I already have a full license for Mac, Windows, and pro features on Android.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited September 2016

The standards for storing and encrypting my data on your servers hasn't been very well documented.

Have you read our whitepaper?

http://1pw.ca/whitepaper

I've already paid close to $80 for licensing on Mac and Windows along with Android. It's disappointing to hear that I will need to pay yet again to have the updated apps.
    This is already the most expensive password manager on the market and I keep getting asked for money at every turn.

That is one of the advantages of a subscription: all of the apps and all of their updates & upgrades are included. It makes budgeting much easier.

but again, I wish you had more documentation on your encryption SOP for storage and transit during syncing.

I'd really highly recommend taking a look at the whitepaper mentioned above.

Will I receive any discounts if I move to a subscription plan since I already have a full license for Mac, Windows, and pro features on Android.

You can certainly email us your receipts and depending on what exactly, how recently, etc you purchased we may be able to help, but in general no: there is no discount.

Thanks!

Ben

• What email address should I send them to?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@cory123: Just shoot us an email at [email protected] with a link to this discussion along with any relevant information and we'll see what we can do for you. Cheers! :)

• Hi everyone,

I bought 1Password last year in 2015. I bought a Windows license, and my girlfriend bought it from the OS X app store. We both bought the in-app Pro features on our mobiles.

Right now, all I'm reading is about a subscription based licenses. Is it true that I must get a subscription if I want new updates? Where can I see what the current version of 1Password is right now? I'm running 4.6.0.604 on my Windows PC currently.

One of the reasons to go with 1Password at the time was the offline functionality and the fact that I could pay one and didn't need a subscription. I really love 1Password and use it everyday pretty much but I like to know more about the subscription stuff. I also can't find the "non-subscription" version on the 1Password website anymore.

Tnx!

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited September 2016

Right now, all I'm reading is about a subscription based licenses. Is it true that I must get a subscription if I want new updates? Where can I see what the current version of 1Password is right now? I'm running 4.6.0.604 on my Windows PC currently.

@DedSec85: Sorry for the confusion! As Pilar and Ben (and others) have mentioned, there are two options: license or subscription. It's your choice. Both have advantages, depending on your needs and preferences.

One of the reasons to go with 1Password at the time was the offline functionality and the fact that I could pay one and didn't need a subscription. I really love 1Password and use it everyday pretty much but I like to know more about the subscription stuff. I also can't find the "non-subscription" version on the 1Password website anymore.

To be clear, you also won't find a "subscription version" of 1Password on our website. There is no "non-subscription version" of 1Password. Whether you pay for licenses or a subscription, 1Password is still 1Password. The main difference is that you don't have to manage licenses or sync settings if you go with a subscription: you simply login to your 1Password Account on each device to access your data.

You're running the current stable release of 1Password 4 for Windows. We also haven't released a new major version of 1Password yet, so there's no need to purchase a license upgrade. The license option is addressed on our pricing page. We're happy to offer both, but for most people a subscription is a better option so that's what we're highlighting.

Our subscription services are still relatively new, so I'm sorry about any confusion that's caused you. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• I would like to purchase a non-subscription license. Is that available?

• I have a paid iOS license and have been able to upgrade whenever needed, no fees, no gotchas.

Now I want to use 1Password on Mac. The same way I have been using it on iOS: one license, one payment - and a safe and fresh runtime for life.

Is it possible?

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Please email us at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss other options. :)

Thanks.

Ben

• Hi!

A long time ago I purchased a license for 1Password for Mac and, now that I'm switching back and forth at home between Windows and Mac on the same computer, I also wanted to install 1Password for Windows. However, I'm unable to have my license applied. I tried to create an account with the same email I used to purchase it, but got no luck. Couldn't find an option to apply the license.

Is there any way I can use my license (purchased back in 2013) on Windows?

Cheers,
    Greg

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi Greg!

Back when you purchased your license 1Password for Mac and 1Password for Windows were licensed separately. We no longer license 1Password 4 for Windows, and the latest version, 1Password 6, is only available with a subscription.

You can read more about the benefits of a subscription, including access to the latest version of 1Password on all of our supported platforms, here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

And you can learn about how to migrate here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.