Weird prompts mid-use

dszp
dszp
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

This has happened a few times, but hard to replicate and describe. But I have the app and unlocked, and right-click the tray to open the full application, and it comes up but it says "The password has changed please log in again" or something like that. I click it, it takes me the first-time login screen with all info filled out except the master password. I type the Master Password, click Sign In, and it says "Master password updated for the app" in blue in the corner, but sits at the login screen still. This happens multiple times, doesn't proceed. If I click the Settings gear, it takes me to the Settings page, and I can click Back and be at the main screen (unlocked) with the little blue "Master password updated for the app" still visible in the bottom left until I close it. Very odd, only happens once every few weeks but just did again...

1Password Version: 6.6.416
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Pro
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2017

Hi @dszp,

Thanks for reporting this. I haven't seen this yet but I think I know what the issue is. First, have you changed your 1Password account password recently? Also, is your network connection stable or are you in an unreliable network that can drop connections often?

The Master Password updated for the app banner is supposed to be persistent, so you'd be aware that you've updated the app's password and the next time you unlock, it'll be this new password. You have to manually dismiss it.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@MikeT That's the weird thing--I haven't changed my master password or account password anywhere, on any device including on the web, since I set up my account, or at the very least since before the Windows Beta was even a thing. Additionally, I'm at my office hardwired in on one of two redundant AT&T Small Business Fiber connections that are generally rock solid, and I was on a 1 hour-plus VoIP call over the same connection during the time I had the issue, with no call issues. I did, weirdly enough, have a DNS resolution issue with discussions.agilebits.com (just that domain returned no records after the page first loaded fine) while trying to type my post the first time, but it self-resolved in 15 seconds or so, but haven't seen any other network issues. So for both of those reasons it seems very odd that the message came up, and that typing my current password in the sign-in screen (which I shouldn't have seen anyway) wouldn't dismiss the sign-in screen and would give me a message that my password was changed, when it has not.

• Hi @dszp,

Right now, our ability to detect the difference between random network glitches, authentication errors and change master passwords is....very crude. We're working on improving this but the DNS failure can result into the authentication error that then prompted the red herring that it may be because of credential changes.

Did you check your 1Password logs to see what it was? If not, we'd love to grab it and see what it says. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@MikeT Thanks, I did grab a diagnostics report just after this happened but never got around to getting back here...I'm submitting it now. There's a newer one as well but it seems to be mostly network-related from the logs so I won't bother sending that. It's been long enough that I don't remember what the second report symptoms were from a few days ago so I'm not going to send the report, being unable to describe further :-)

Support ID from the May 31st report this thread is regarding is [#YEL-81237-131]

I'll keep and eye out and see if this repeats. I think an upgrade (an awesome one!) has come out since then, so if it's better to ignore this that's fine. The specific log lines in the report that seem interesting (and seem to have happened every time I tried to finish re-logging-in unsuccessfully) are something like (with ___ replacing any potentially identifying info):

0 2017-05-31 16:30:46Z
    AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.AccountSyncActivity Synced A2.
    warning
    0 2017-05-31 16:30:46Z
    AgileBits.OnePassword.UI.TeamSignInPage No image in clipboard.
    0 2017-05-31 16:30:45Z
    AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection HTTP200 GET https://.1password.com/api/v1/account/attrs, 742 bytes
    AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection HTTP200 GET https://
    .1password.com/api/v1/overview, 2,058 bytes
    AgileBits.OnePassword.UI.TeamSignInPage Updating app master password to match master password of account 2
    TeamAccountNotificationsListener:A2 A2 connected to notifier.
    AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection HTTP200 POST https://.1password.com/api/v1/auth/verify, 510 bytes
    TeamAccountData:2 Session key is ready.
    AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection HTTP200 POST https://
    .1password.com/api/v1/auth, 1,094 bytes
    TeamAccountData:2 A2 session id ___, lookup is Ok.
    AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection HTTP200 GET https://.1password.com/api/v1/auth/.com//-, 213 bytes
    0 2017-05-31 16:30:42Z
    TeamAccountNotificationsListener:A2 A2 connected to notifier.
    AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection HTTP200 POST https://
    .1password.com/api/v1/auth/verify, 510 bytes
    TeamAccountData:2 Session key is ready.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hello @dszp,

I found your email (with diagnostics report) on our side and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: YEL-81237-131

This discussion has been closed.