Capitalization in tags vs filtering

Options
dszp
dszp
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Loving the new tabbed view for Categories/Tags/Security. I may use tags more (or more consistently) than I have previously. I have lots of tags but don't do much to keep them similar/sanitized and should probably do so. When bulk tag options are introduced in Windows I'll probably do more cleanup (or occasionally when I'm on my Mac).

However, I noticed two tags with some inconsistencies between display and filtering. I have two tags, call them tweedledee and tweedleDEE for funsies. The tag list in Windows shows them as two tags next to each other, with different counts (275 and 11, respectively). However, clicking on tweedleDEE shows hundreds of items, most of which are tagged tweedledee and not tweedleDEE. Clicking the other seems to show the same list, but I'm not counting--let's assume that both tags are displaying accurate counts but all items regardless of capitalization and say that's probably accurate :-) This makes it a bit hard to even manually clean up--I'd like to change the tweedleDEE items to tweedledee tags so they all display under one tag (I did this once from the Mac, then forgot for newer items which I'd used and manually added tweedleDEE to, apparently, 11 more items :-)

I don't particularly care if you treat tags with different capitalization as different tags (though I'd probably prefer case-insensitivity, but then which version so you display in the tags list?), but displaying them uniquely but filtering case-insensitively when clicking on them is almost surely a bug. Actually I don't mind this either and it's a good in-between for daily usage, but it prevents me from finding the ones that are miscapitalized and changing them, and it doesn't line up with the numeric counts displayed by each tag for item numbers!

1Password Version: 6.6.433d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Pro x64
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• @dszp thanks for that good catch! Indeed tag filtering is case insensitive at the moment, but that's is going to be fixed with next update. After all if you have tweedleDEE with 11 counter shown, you should expect 11 items in list. Have a great weekend!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @dszp,

This should be fixed in 6.6.435 update we just now shipped.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT Looks like it's working here, thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.