To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

recover trial information

Options
CatC
CatC
Community Member

Hi. I set up one password trial for my dad via windows. He let the trial expire and now cannot access account. We have the account recovery key initially generated. Can he still access? He intends to purchase a subscription, To help him, I'm trying to understand if we need to start from scratch, or pick up where he left off with his existing account. We will also need to access his account from an additional computer.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help.

Cat :-)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:trial

Comments

• Meek
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hey @CatC,

Thanks for writing in! The Secret Key is actually not a recovery key - it is an additional layer of security when signing in from new devices. As such, the Master Password is still needed to sign into an existing account. If that is forgotten, there is no way to recover the account and the only option will be to delete the account and start over.

If you'd like to go ahead with that, just send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from the email address that was used to set up the account, and include a link to this forum thread so we can connect the dots.

ref: HCS-28417-597

This discussion has been closed.