To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account Reset

DialAForARod
DialAForARod
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Memberships

Hi,

I use 1Password 6 for Windows and Android. I changed my secret key last week, generated the Emergency Kit, and saved it locally. But I performed a factory reset afterwards and lost the key. So I cant' access any passwords with a new install of 1Password.

My phone, however, still has my passwords because it was and is out of sync.

I'm pretty sure my account will have to be reset, and I'm fine with that. I would like to move forward with this if possible.

But is there a way to export my passwords from my Android? If not, I'll still be ok with resetting my 1Password account.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.X.X
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, Android 7.0.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @DialAForARod,

I think I might have good news for you. If you still have your 1Password.com account on your Android device, you should be able to get the secret key out of Settings > 1Password accounts by selecting the account and revealing the secret key. Armed with your secret key, email address, and master password, you should be able to sign in to https://my.1password.com and regenerate your emergency kit. It should similarly be available in the 1Password for Windows app. As long as you're able to unlock the app and the account is configured in the app, we should be able to get the secret key.

Rick

• DialAForARod
    DialAForARod
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Hi Rick,

The key in my Android 1Password is old and isn't the one I need to reconnect to 1Password. When the Android app tries to connect to 1Password, I get an error message saying

"Sign-in Error: We are having trouble logging into your account for Aaron. Please review your account details and make sure the secret key and password and filled correctly"

Then I'm able to use the app as usual

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DialAForARod! To help you further, we'll probably have to discuss a few details of your account; I'll reach out to you via email shortly! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.