Recover from old 1password.html file without MAC?

Options

Hi, I have moved away from MAC and, with a tear in my eyes, 1password 2.5 years ago.
Just realized I am missing some credentials that were stored in 1password and, in horror, learned that 1passwordAnywhere doesn't work anymore and has been discontinued.

Is there a way at all to import my old passwords from my 1password.html file?

I have signed up for 1password account now and also registered it through the Android app. But I do not have a MAC at the moment (using Ubuntu now).

If the recovery is only possible with a MAC I could borrow one from a friend.
Please advise.

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@leanderbindewald: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password.html does not contain any of your 1Password data. This is a specifically designed web page front end which can be used to access the data in a 1Password vault, but it's basically a very simply "app" for using 1Password in the browser. Do you still have your actual 1Password vault? This will be an AgileKeychain (or, though unlikely, an OPVault). 1Password.html is actual a part of an AgileKeychain, so I'm hopeful that you have the whole thing. Otherwise you won't be able to get your data. But unless you manually removed 1Password.html from the AgileKeychain, you probably have the whole thing. Let me know what you find! :)

• leanderbindewald
    leanderbindewald
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the quick and concise answer.

I can only find the .html file in my dropbox, but it is contained in a folder called 1Password.agilekeychain - that does not seem to be or contain the vault though.

Unless you advise otherwise, I will try to recover the vault from an old timemachine backup with the MAC of a friend and get back to you then...
    Cheers, Leander

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I can only find the .html file in my dropbox, but it is contained in a folder called 1Password.agilekeychain - that does not seem to be or contain the vault though.

@leanderbindewald: That's it! As long as it's intact, you can open that directly in the 1Password app. If you have access to a Mac, that will be the quickest and easiest way to migrate your data to a 1Password.com account. But if the vault is in Dropbox, that should allow you to access it on other devices as well to do the same.

If you need any help with the details, it might be best to continue via email so we can exchange diagnostic information. Just reach out to support@1password.com and post the Support ID you receive here so I can take a look. :)

This discussion has been closed.