Folders have disappeared from sidebar [iOS 11 dev preview / beta]

Da-Aaron
Da-Aaron
Community Member
edited June 2017 in iOS

In the app on my iPhone and two iPads running iOS 11 dev preview, I can not locate the Folders I had created to organize logins where they used to be on the left sidebar, underneath the Favorites (star) and Categories (filing cabinet) tabs. When I go to an individual item and select Move and Copy, I can still select Add to Folder, and all of the ones I created previously are listed. But outside of that, there is no way to access them. Is this expected behavior or a known issue?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iOS 11 (15A5278f)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Folders

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

@Da-Aaron: Thanks for reaching out about this! We had seen reports of this in some older versions, but I had thought we'd resolved the issue. Since we haven't seen similar reports since (I was actually experiencing this issue myself for a while), I wonder if it's related to the prerelease version of iOS you seem to be using.

In the past, it seemed to be related to validating the Pro features upgrade, which is required for the Organize tab that you're missing there. Are you experiencing any other issues with 1Password for iOS? I wonder if that's the case, and the app is simply not recognizing that you have the Pro Features. In that case, you wouldn't be able to create items other that Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, and Identities there either. What is it showing under 1Password Settings > Pro Features?

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

In 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings, enable App, In-App Purchase, and UI General.

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Thanks in advance! :)

• ag_kevin
    edited June 2017

Hi @Da-Aaron ,

We've received your report and will reply to your email.

Thanks,
    Kevin

ref: ZPT-55426-535

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BrokenHope: Sorry to hear that! Try force quitting the app. That may force (pun sort of intended) the App Store query to validate the purchase. Let me know!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BrokenHope: Good call. Either one is possible, but it's still worth a try. If you can send diagnostics to support+forums@agilebits.com and post the Support ID you receive here, I'll be happy to take a look to see if there's a clue as to what's causing this. Cheers! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BrokenHope: Thanks for the diagnostics! We'll see if there's anything we can do to help with this, even as iOS 11 approaches beta this summer. :)

ref: YDY-46464-168

• Hi @BrokenHope @Da-Aaron ,

Good news! We've been able to reproduce the issue here and will be fixing it soon.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: OPI-4091

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hopefully, yes! :) I don't have a timeframe for when to expect a beta with the fix to be available, though. Thanks for helping us to figure this out, and thanks for your patience! :)

• Da-Aaron
    Da-Aaron
    Community Member

That’s great. I figured you would have your hands full with iOS 11 this summer. If I spot anything else I’ll be sure to send you the details.

• ag_kevin
    edited June 2017

Much appreciated, Da-Aaron! Thanks for the info!

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! I'm sure the Organize tab is happy to see you again too. :lol:

Thanks for following up here to confirm that's fixed for you in the new beta, we appreciate it. If you need anything else, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.