To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Merge Vaults PC to Cloud

Options
morganlindy
morganlindy
Community Member

I have a premium subscription to 1Password and use it on both my phone and PC, however, the vault that it has saved all my data to is not attached to this account, it is called "Primary." I believe it is a legacy vault from way back when I synced manually.

I need to migrate all of my password data from "Primary" to my 1Password account so the data gets synced automatically and seamlessly between both my devices.

I have read an hours worth of support threads but cannot find a way to merge these vaults that seems to work. Both devices are linked to my account, however there seems to be no way to take data from the old legacy vault and merge it into the cloud premium account. This seems very simple and a key reason to pay for the service otherwise it is useless for me.

Someone help please! Much appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 & iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @morganlindy! I'd be happy to help out with that. :) To migrate your data to your account, you can follow this guide on your Windows PC:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

After you move your data over, be sure to sign in to your phone as well so you have the account syncing between your devices. Let us know how things go!

• morganlindy
    morganlindy
    Community Member
    Options

I believe I was about to merge using my iPhone but now I have everything in triplicate. Is there a way to dedupe the duplicates?

• morganlindy
    morganlindy
    Community Member
    Options

Also, a separate issue, on the PC, it won't let me edit anything. Showing a crossed out pencil in the top right. What is going on?

• Frank
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @morganlindy - Thanks for getting back to us. Were you able to move all your existing data to your Personal vault? If so, you could delete your Primary vault which might be the cause of the duplicates if you're using the All Vaults view which shows everything at once.

As far as 1Password on your PC, you can edit items within your Personal vault but if you're trying to edit anything within your Dropbox vault, this is not possible at the moment. You can remove the Dropbox vault as well to avoid any confusion since going forward you will be using your Personal vault - Settings > Accounts & Vaults > (vault name) > Remove.

I hope this helped a bit. If you have any additional questions don't hesitate to ask :smile: We'll be happy to assist.

• morganlindy
    morganlindy
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be an issue with the copying process being done multiple times and the duplicates appear in the personal vault. Is there any way, besides manually going through over 300 entries, of deleting the duplicates?

• Ben
    Options

Unfortunately not at the present time.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.