Safari 5.1: Autosave prompt keeps appearing

What is with this new version??? It is CONSTANTLY appearing at EVERY webpage i go to and asks to add ANOTHER password to my account using a different name. ALSO even though i have asking for master password TURNED OFF.... it is CONSTANTLY asking for it every time i reopen Safari. This new version is really getting me upset!!!!

Comments

  • swittersswitters Junior Member
    terryzx wrote:

    What is with this new version??? It is CONSTANTLY appearing at EVERY webpage i go to and asks to add ANOTHER password to my account using a different name. ALSO even though i have asking for master password TURNED OFF.... it is CONSTANTLY asking for it every time i reopen Safari. This new version is really getting me upset!!!!


    I'm having the same issue. I have 1Password configured to never ask me for a master password, yet it does so repeatedly. Clearly this is a bug.

    2011-07-31_11-20-10.png
  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

    Team Member
    edited August 2011
    terryzx wrote:

    What is with this new version??? It is CONSTANTLY appearing at EVERY webpage i go to and asks to add ANOTHER password to my account using a different name. ALSO even though i have asking for master password TURNED OFF.... it is CONSTANTLY asking for it every time i reopen Safari. This new version is really getting me upset!!!!

    There is a known issue when Safari's AutoFill is enabled. Please be sure this is disabled as outlined in the User Guide. We are working to bring harmony between the two, but at the moment you will need to disable Safari's AutoFill to stop autosave from appearing on sites where you already have a saved Login.

    Universal Unlock is supported in the latest versions of 1Password and the Safari extension.

    Could you please try the new Beta release (3.7.1.BETA-2) and see if it fixes this problem? You can do this by going to the 1Password > Preferences window, selecting the Update panel, enable the "Include Beta versions" checkbox, and then click Check Now. Once the update is installed, try again and see if it helps.

    If you are still having trouble, could you please tell me what version of OS X, 1Password, and the Safari extension you are using? Also, what steps are you taking to reproduce the issue?

    After updating to the latest versions of 1Password (3.7.1.BETA-2) and the Safari extension (3.7.b7), I would try this:

    1. Quit both 1Password and Safari
    2. Open 1Password
    3. Unlock 1Password
    4. Verify that both "Disable automatic unlock…" settings are UNCHECKED (as above in the screen shot — thank you for posting that, by the way!)
    5. Open Safari
    6. Click the 1P toolbar button


    Are you prompted for your master password at this point? Please let me know how it turns out.
  • terryzxterryzx Senior Member
    I am running the latest version and replaced extensions and it still is doing that password request
  • MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

    Team Member
    switters wrote:

    I'm having the same issue. I have 1Password configured to never ask me for a master password, yet it does so repeatedly. Clearly this is a bug.

    ...

    According to the screenshot, the “Never prompt for master password” is disabled. This will ensure that the extension will still ask for the master password as long as the 1Password app is locked. Does it prompt for the master password after a certain amount of time or does it prompt every time you close Safari? Can you tell us what you mean by “yet it does so repeatedly”.
  • terryzxterryzx Senior Member
    Usually every time it reopen Safari after it has quit
  • MartySMartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    terryzx wrote:

    Usually every time it reopen Safari after it has quit


    As a point of clarification, if you have the 1Password application running and unlocked before you launch Safari, are you still prompted for your master password when you launch Safari?

    Of course if you always quit Safari and then log out of your OS X account, when you then log in the next time and launch Safari (or any of the supported browsers) you will have to enter the master password, but based on your preferences — only once.

    Please let me know, and thanks!
  • terryzxterryzx Senior Member
    I have auto log in enabled and never have to re-sign in
  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

    Team Member
    edited August 2011
    Unless "Never prompt for master password" is enabled, you will need to enter your master password in Safari at least once after a fresh restart of your Mac (or logging in again).

    Once you are logged in to your Mac, open 1Password and unlock it by entering your master password. Verify that "Disable automatic unlock in all applications" is not checked. Leave 1Password unlocked, then open Safari. You should not need to enter your master password again in the Safari extension since you have that option set and have already unlocked the main application.

    If you are still having trouble, could you give me a list of the steps you are taking to recreate the problem on my own machine? I am getting more confused as to what the actual problem is (or was?) Has it changed since you first started this thread?

    Please let me know. Thanks!
  • terryzxterryzx Senior Member
    "Never prompt for master password" is enabled, and noting else is checked and it still does that when I restart or reopen Safari
  • NikNik 1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    terryzx wrote:

    "Never prompt for master password" is enabled, and noting else is checked and it still does that when I restart or reopen Safari


    Terribly sorry for the confusion! "Never prompt for master password" is not yet supported in the new extension. I can't say with certainty whether this is due to a technical limitation or because we've simply not implemented the feature yet. (Our developers aren't around at this moment or I would have asked them, first.) Rest assured that if there's no technical barrier, we'll bring back all the functions you're used to, as we've been working to do over the past couple of weeks.

    Thanks for your patience!
  • terryzxterryzx Senior Member
    Nik wrote:

    Terribly sorry for the confusion! "Never prompt for master password" is not yet supported in the new extension. I can't say with certainty whether this is due to a technical limitation or because we've simply not implemented the feature yet. (Our developers aren't around at this moment or I would have asked them, first.) Rest assured that if there's no technical barrier, we'll bring back all the functions you're used to, as we've been working to do over the past couple of weeks.

    Thanks for your patience!


    Ok thanx for clearing that up....I will look for it in the betas
  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

    Team Member
    On behalf of Nik, you are quite welcome! :-)

    If we can be further assistance, please let us know.

    We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.