To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

old vault stil found. cant install fresh. followed all guides.

Options
janicednelson
janicednelson
Community Member

Want to start fresh. Followed all guide instructions. Still wants old icloud vault password which I dont recall.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cant install fresh copy

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @janicenelson - Sorry for the troubles. In order to better assist you, can you provide me with a little more detail on what you're trying to do? It sounds like you're trying to install 1Password with a clean slate but the app is still picking up an existing vault. Does this sound accurate? Can you also provide me with a little more detail on your current setup - type of device, operating system (macOS, Windows, iOS, Android) and what version of 1Password you're currently using? Sorry for all the questions and I look forward to hearing back.

• janicednelson
    janicednelson
    Community Member
    Options

Mac Desktop. All latest software.

• Frank
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @janicenelson - Thank you for the additional details and I like the new profile picture :wink:

Have you already followed the instructions in the start over guide on all your devices? You can also reset the data stored within iCloud by following the steps listed in the guide. Please note: once this is reset, you can no longer recover your 1Password data that was stored in iCloud. I just want to make sure you were aware before proceeding. Let me know if this helped or if you have any additional questions.

• janicednelson
    janicednelson
    Community Member
    Options

yep. already tried.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @janicenelson - Thank you for letting me know. You should be able to reset the data using this guide which will reset any 1Password data within iCloud. Keep me posted if that doesn't work for you. :+1:

• janicednelson
    janicednelson
    Community Member
    Options

it doesnt work for me

• Frank
    Options

Hi @janicenelson - Thank you for letting me know. Let's do this the old fashioned way -

Open "System Preferences" on your Mac, click on iCloud. At the bottom, click on "Manage" then locate 1Password in the list. Select 1Password then click on "Delete Documents & Data". Let me know if this helped resolve the issue. 1Password should no longer detect any data stored within iCloud. I know I stressed this before (just to be clear), once this is deleted, any 1Password data that you synced via iCloud will be deleted and you won't be able to recover this.

This discussion has been closed.