My Chrome Extension for Mac has stopped working. This happens every few months

SoggyJohnson
SoggyJohnson
Community Member

My Configuration
1Password Version 6.7 (670008) Mac App Store
Extension 1Password Beta 4.6.7.2 (does not work with non beta extension also)
Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.5

My Chrome extension stopped working. I have removed it from my Chrome extension list and reinstalled it several times. This has happened at random times before. My only solution was to completely remove 1Pass from my system and reinstall from scratch. What do your suggest, this is a pain in the rear since i am highly dependent on 1Pass.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My Chrome Extension for Mac has stopped working. This happens every few months

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @SoggyJohnson,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1Password extension in Chrome!

You said you're using Chrome version 58.0.3029.110, but the latest update is for version 59.0.3071.86. Can you please install that to see if it helps? Just go to Chrome > About Google Chrome from the menu bar, and the window that opens should check for the update. When it's ready, it will tell you to relaunch Chrome to complete the update.

Once you've done that, try using the 1Password extension again. Does it work? If not, please let us know some more details about the problem - what steps are you taking to use it, what do you expect to happen, and what happens instead? Thanks in advance! :)

• SoggyJohnson
    SoggyJohnson
    Community Member

Thanks for the help. I updated Chrome and installed the latest beta release. That worked. I also signed for chrome auto updates.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad it's working now! Hopefully it keeps working from now on, but if you run into more problems with that or need anything else, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.