Lots of websites and Companies require extra info.

One important issue needs to be addressed and that is that many websites and when you call for like tech support they have in place that you have up to 3 security questions with your answers and some ask for similar things, So where in 1password can you associate that with websites and companies, because it needs to be associated and memorized.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You can edit your login and include a Notes field.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

I go an extra step beyond this and create a special section in the item for the security questions and a field for each one whose type is set to password so the values aren't revealed. Here's what that looks like:

I only put a keyword for the question because I'm likely to be looking this up in 1Password mini where the available space is very constrained and can result in three identical "What is your favorite…" lines that aren't that helpful.

Tip: Use the word list password generator with just 3 words and no separator. I have had issues with sites rejecting truly random passwords.

I hope this helps!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

I put this info in the notes and lie about the answers.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Oh, in case it wasn't clear, the answers I store are total lies! :chuffed:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

Best way to do it. Sometimes my answers reflect what I was watching on tv or listening too at that moment, and add random words to that :lol:

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:lol: :+1:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I started using the Password Generator for the answers to the security questions. I may regret that one day depending on how a particular site intends to use them :tongue:

This discussion has been closed.