To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

After a free trial of 1Password, I can no longer use the app (which I already had) from my iPhone

Options
jillk
jillk
Community Member

I have had 1Password on my iPhone for years, purchased it for $17.99 I believe. Recently I wanted to see if I wanted it on my computer as well, so I tried the free trial. The trial has run out, and now the app on iPhone no longer has my vault - how can I retrieve it? how can i get the app back on my phone? I don't want it on my computer, not necessary, just want the app on my iPhone again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can no longer use the password app on my iPhone

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jillk,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. My apologies, but I'm a little confused about the sequence of events here. How did we get from trying out 1Password on your computer to no longer having it on your phone? Did you remove 1Password from your phone at some point along the way?

Also: when you were using 1Password on your phone, did you set up syncing for 1Password with iCloud or Dropbox (or not at all)?

Do you still have access to your data from the computer, despite the trial expiring?

When using 1Password "standalone" as you previously were on your phone your data is not stored with us. It is, by default, stored only on your device. You can have 1Password store it elsewhere by setting up syncing with iCloud or Dropbox. But if you didn't do that then it is likely your data was only on your phone, and deleting it from there has deleted the only copy.

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• jillk
    jillk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben - Originally, I had 1Password on the phone and set up syncing via Dropbox. I see in my dropbox file that the 1Password agile keychain was created February 2014, then modified with the free trial on May 27, 2017. There is no vault now either on the computer (that's ok) or on my iPhone (that's not ok). When I tried the free trial on my computer I linked it to the 1Password account already on my iPhone. Then when the free trial ran out, I could no longer get the iPhone 1Password to give me any data - it's empty. I have not deleted the data from my phone, it just went away when the free trial ran out. Can I get it back or do I now need to upgrade? I'd rather not pay for what I already bought.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2017
    Options

@jillk,

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device. This should give us a better idea of what is going on, and how to best proceed:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread:
      https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79452/

• Your forum username: jillk

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

I suspect you (accidentally or otherwise) removed the vault that is in Dropbox from your iPhone at some point, and that is causing the difficulty you're seeing now. Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• jillk
    jillk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    I haven't received anything to be able to send you diagnostics and don't know how to do that anyway - I DID NOT remove the vault in dropbox!!! - I can't open 1Password on my computer now without upgrading, and my phone app doesn't show a vault any longer. But I will send you what you ask for if you explain how to do that. Thanks, jill

• jillk
    jillk
    Community Member
    Options

I just went into my app again and re-synced with dropbox - that seems to have reset my vault - so I think all is well now.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @jillk - Well that's great news! I'm glad to hear everything is working properly for you again. If you run into any questions along the way, we'll be here to help :+1:

This discussion has been closed.