. I am getting recurring requests to authorize Safari to use the 1PW extension

I have a subscription account for 1PW on my MacBook Pro. I am getting recurring requests to authorize Safari to use the 1PW extension.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: OS 10.12.5
Sync Type: Subscription
Referrer: forum-search:recurring requests to authorize browser

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @qdropout,

Sorry to hear you keep getting prompted to authenticate the browser extension!

Is it possible that you have both the Mac App Store and AgileBits Store versions of 1Password installed at the same time on your Mac? If so, the browser extension wouldn't be sure which one to connect to, and it would sometimes switch from one to the other. When it does that, it would ask you to authenticate again.

If you go to the Applications folder on your Mac, do you see two 1Password app files in there? If you see one named "1Password.app", that's the Mac App Store version. If you see another one named "1Password 6.app", that's the AgileBits Store version. Try opening them one at a time - which one has your latest data?

Let us know what you find and we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• qdropout
    qdropout
    Community Member

Thanks for the fast response. I have only one 1PW app, the AgileBits Store version.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @qdropout,

From experience we know that having eliminated the possibility Drew was considering, that either Safari or 1Password may be "forgetting" the previous authorisation. The only way to tell is to review a diagnostic report. So based on that can you create one please and send it in, this link will guide you through the steps.

For 1Password on your Mac

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@agilebits.com.

Once you've sent the report you should receive an automated response that will include a ticket ID either in the subject or main body of the email. Please post the ticket ID here so we ensure you aren't kept waiting :smile:

This discussion has been closed.