To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Select vaults to sync

Options
fnkr
fnkr
Community Member

I would like not to have my personal vault synced with my work computer. How to archive this?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fnkr,

It sounds like your question is mainly about your 1Password.com account, and not specifically the Mac app, so I've moved your post to our Accounts forum. I hope you don't mind!

With 1Password.com accounts, syncing is done at the account level, which means all the vaults in your account will sync to your devices. There's no option to customize which vaults sync to a certain device and which don't.

However, if you'd prefer not to see your Personal vault in the 1Password app on your work computer unless you specifically select it, you can do that. In the main 1Password app on that Mac, go to 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults and un-check your Personal vault from the 'Vaults Included' list. You can also change the 'Vault for Saving' option to the vault you use for work. And on the General tab of the Preferences window, you can choose your work vault for the 'Always open to' setting.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

• fnkr
    fnkr
    Community Member
    Options

Please consider this a feature request.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @fnkr - You got it! It's definitely an interesting idea and I'll be happy to share this with the team. I appreciate you stopping by to let us know about your suggestion :smile: Have a fantastic weekend!

This discussion has been closed.