To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Bought 1Password from Apple store in 2014. Need license key to install on iPad.

Options
Nelius
Nelius
Community Member

I've reset my iPad and want to reinstall 1Password.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: wifi and iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Bought 1Password from Apple store in 2014. Need license key to install on iPad.

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hi @Nelius,

Thanks for reaching out to us! You don't need a license key to install 1Password on your iPad - if you've downloaded it before, you should be able to find it in the Purchases section of the App Store.

Let us know how it goes!

• Mroher
    Mroher
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I have been using One Password for several years on my Mac, Iphone & ipad. I just purchased the new ipad pro and downloaded the purchased apps including OP and it opens as if it's brand new and requires a license key. The instructions to recover my key for mac and ios do not work at all and I tried 3 times. Please help. Thanks

• Mroher
    Mroher
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies. I just deleted the app on my new ipad then went to my purchases on the ipad and re downloaded and it works. For some reason when syncing to itunes via my mac, it downloaded and asked for the key, but when downloading with just the ipad it worked. Thanks

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Mroher - I'm happy to hear everything is working properly and congrats on the new iPad :smile: I'm glad to hear you're up and running using 1Password. As Meek mentioned previously, a standalone license only pertains to the desktop apps for Mac and Windows, if purchased from our website. On iOS, a license key is not needed. Let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a great weekend and enjoy the new iPad :+1:

• henrylam
    henrylam
    Community Member
    Options

Greetings, I'm facing a slightly different issue. I purchased 1Password for iOS and also for Mac OS from the App Store around 2014. So I get that there isn't a standalone license key for this type of purchase. However, i recently purchased a windows PC and I'm trying to sync my vault with 1Password application. What is the process for accomplishing that?

Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

@henrylam

Thank you for using 1Password — we really wouldn't be here without customers like you, and we appreciate all your support!

1Password for Windows is only available with a 1Password.com subscription account. 1Password 6, latest version of 1Password for Windows, includes a beautiful new design as well as automatic sync to your other devices using your 1Password.com account.

With an individual 1Password account, you won’t have to worry about dealing with licensing and you can easily use 1Password on all your devices. You can use the account to sync your devices automatically — third-party services like Dropbox and iCloud are no longer required. Simply sign into your account and all of your 1Password data is there. You can learn more here: https://support.1password.com/why-account

To migrate over to a 1Password.com account all you need to do is follow this super handy guide:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Please shoot us an email to sales@1password.com to discuss your individual purchasing situation. With your email please include:

• A link to this thread:
      https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79377/

• Your forum username: henrylam

• Any receipts you might have for 1Password purchases

When you send your email you should get an auto-reply back from BitBot. That email will have a Support ID in it. To expedite your request, please post that ID here. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.