1password stopped working after windows update

romano2717
romano2717
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, 1password suddenly stopped working after I updated my Windows OS yesterday. Does it have something to do with the windows creator's update? Every time I open the app, it just crash and showed me this error message.

http://imgur.com/a/9HnCr

1Password Version: 6
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version:Windows 10 Version 1703
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@romano2717: Thanks for reaching out. I’m really sorry for the trouble! I haven't seen other reports like this, but you never know. If you reinstall the app, does that help?

1Password downloads

Let me know what you find!

• romano2717
    romano2717
    Community Member

I have uninstalled-rebooot-reinstall so many times but its still crashing. However when I open chrome after a reboot, it will ask me to authoriza 1password extension showing some numbers to confirm if they match. I authorize it but when ai try to login my gmail or any login using 1pass extension, it simply showed me the error that it stopped working. manually opening 1pass from start menu also gives the same error.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@romano2717, thank you for getting back to us!

Do you happen to have Riva Tuner or similar software installed on your PC? We have some reports about it, but their latest beta should fix the issue as reported in that same thread.

If you don't have anything like that on your PC, would you mind sending some diagnostic information? Just grab the event logs:

1) Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2) On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3) Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)

Email that file to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username. Let us know the Support ID you receive when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

Hopefully, we will get to the bottom of this together. Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• romano2717
    romano2717
    Community Member

Hi, yes you're correct. It was the rive tuner statistics that my msi afterburner is using.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@romano2717: Great news! I hope that the issue is resolved for you now. :)

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime in the future, we are always ready to help. Have a fantastic Sunday!

Cheers,
    Greg

• JAnguita
    JAnguita
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem and yes, it is caused by RivaTuner.

My system is updated with most recent version.

Is that solved?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @JAnguita, sorry for the troubles!

What version of RivaTuner you have installed on your PC? We had reports that the version 7 should fix the issue. Please let us know if it works for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• JAnguita
    JAnguita
    Community Member

I've downloaded and installed RivaTuner v7.0 beta19 and it works fine.

Thank you very much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.