To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can no longer access my account details on any of my devices it's like I never existed.

leaving1password
leaving1password
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Memberships

First let me say that I have been dealing with this on Twitter 1pass support for over a month. I am in the process of leaving one password because there is no phone support. Password security is an emergency situation and should not be dealt with onTwitter, email or forums where it could take days or months to resolve a situation, when It could only take minutes over the phone. I will be moving to a company that offers phone support.

Now to my situation. I have had an account with 1Password for at least 10 years. Or however long you guys been around. All of a sudden I am unable to log into my 1Password account even though I am able to access my passwords without logging in. Amazing that I can do that considering this is supposed to be a secure way to store your passwords. Anyway I've checked all my email addresses and it shows nowhere that I even have an account although there is one that says welcome to 1Password years back. I need to have this fixed I need to talk to somebody over the phone this is stupid. Please give me a phone number so I can call.

all latest versions

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017

@leaving1password: As it sounds like you're already aware, we do not have a call center. But we're happy to help via email, as it's impossible to exchange technical information like diagnostics over the phone anyway. We probably could have gotten back to you quickly and you'd have your issue resolved already if you'd emailed us a month ago. Twitter really isn't a great medium for in-depth technical support unfortunately.

From your comments, it sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. So if you've been using 1Password for a decade and had not migrated to an account with the past year (after we introduced them), you won't have one, and we won't have your encrypted data. And if you purchased 1Password only through the App Store, we won't have a record of you at all, as that is owned and operated by Apple. Either way, this just isn't something that can be fixed over the phone, as only you will have this information, and access to your records.

It doesn't look like you've emailed us yet, so I'll follow up there shortly to get some more details. Without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it. But I'll contact you there in a few minutes, and with your help I'm sure we can help you. :)

ref: NCP-55864-782

This discussion has been closed.