Two-factor search or filter

gregfinnegan
gregfinnegan
Community Member

Is there a way to quickly find any items with two-factor authentication? Or do you just manually create a tag?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:two-factor search

Comments

• @gregfinnegan,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to search based on the presence of a 2FA code on login items. I think setting up a tag to track those is probably your best bet currently.

Rudy

• gregfinnegan
    gregfinnegan
    Community Member

Feature request? The use case is keeping track of the MFA in both 1Password and on a secondary device (e.g. one or more phones with Google Authenticator). Secondary device dies and is restored from backup, but Authenticator (wisely) doesn't carry over MFA settings, so you have to reset from the source. It'd be nice to hit 1Password to quickly assess which sites are currently using MFA (in the meantime, I will start to use my own tags).

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion, @gregfinnegan! Indeed, it would be handy to easily view a list of all items containing a one-time password.

Adding a tag to those items is probably the easiest thing to do for now, but in case it helps, you might be able to find most/many of those items with an advanced search (from the main 1Password app, go to Edit > Find > Show Search Options or use the ^⌥⌘F (control+option+command+F) keyboard shortcut). For example, the following search will find items where "totp" is included in any field:

Or this will find items containing a field named "One-Time Password":

That might not necessarily find all items with a one-time password field, but you can play around with the search settings to figure out something that works better for you.

Hopefully this helps! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.