To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Read-Only Mode - Purchased in App Store

Options
ts_az
ts_az
Community Member

I purchased 1Password a While back in the App Store.

It is now showing Read-Only Mode, and wants me to pay 64.99 to unlock the full version.

Why is this happening? Am i required to pay again in order to use the latest version? If so, can i get an older version that dosent require this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ts_az: The App Store will only validate the purchase if you install the app using the same Apple ID where it was purchased. PLease check your records and reinstall after rebooting if necessary. If you're still having trouble, while we won't be able to resolve an App Store issue (this is owned and operated by Apple), if you'll shoot us an email with your Mac App Store receipt at support+forums@agilebits.com and post the Support ID you receive here, we can generate an AgileBits Store license for you to use instead. :)

• ts_az
    ts_az
    Community Member
    Options

What would be that Support ID? I have gathered my receipt from the APP Store and will email it over.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ts_az: When you email us, you'll get an autoresponse which will include the Support ID. :)

• ts_az
    ts_az
    Community Member
    Options

DRP-62382-564

• ts_az
    ts_az
    Community Member
    Options

Well, email support didnt help. Guess my purchase is too old? Just means im a loyal user!

Kind of crappy to pay $49 then be forced to pay another $65 to keep using the software. I guess loyal customers are not really important?

Since AppStore users are unable to downgrade to older versions, i guess ill just have to move to another password manager.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ts_az,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having some difficulty. I've updated your ticket with your comments here, and we'll continue to work with you via email to resolve.

Ben

ref: DRP-62382-564

• Chiragk
    Chiragk
    Community Member
    Options

Have the same issue, I sent the receipt to support teams. Both my imac, macbook have this read only message and is pretty annoying that its not asking to save my passwords. strangely iphones are working fine. CYN-33522-882

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Chiragk: Thanks! I'll take a look and reply there shortly. :)

ref: CYN-33522-882

This discussion has been closed.