Re-installation of 1Password 4 for Windows in another computer

Good day. I have to install the 1Password desktop app in another laptop.
I purchased it in 2016 and I have the license key with me, but now when I downloaded the version 4 (standalone one), to start off it requests me to select a saved vault, but I didn't save it from my old computer and I cannot select a vault, so I cannot not progress.
Could you please advise on what to do?
I have also the 1Password for iPhone and Mac. I need to install it in my new work computer but don't know how to proceed.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 Enterprise
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @macmoledo,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

When using 1Password standalone (which is the only option with 1Password 4 for Windows) your data is by default stored only on the device you enter it on. We do not store it for you. To get your data on other devices you would need to sync it there using Dropbox:

Sync your 1Password data

This all changes with 1Password 6 for Windows and a 1Password.com membership, which you can read more about here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

With a membership we do store your (encrypted) data, and adding a new device is as simple as signing into your account in the app on that device.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Thanks Ben.
    I have synced it from the Mac with iCloud. Can I not get it from there if I sync it again from my Mac or my iPhone?
    Regards,
    Marcos

• FrankFrank

Team Member

Hi @Marcos - It's great to hear back from you. Just to make sure we're on the same page. You're currently syncing your 1Password data using iCloud between your Mac and iPhone. As Ben mentioned, if you want your data to sync over to 1Password 4 on your PC, you will need to switch over to using Dropbox as sync source. I would recommend, using this guide to setup Dropbox as a sync source on your Mac. Then you should be able to choose the Dropbox vault via 1Password 4.

The other option to sign up for a 1Password membership, since we take care of all the syncing on our end. Then you don't have to manage a sync source across your devices. You also get the opportunity to use 1Password 6 on your PC :smile:

This discussion has been closed.